News:

In Memory of David Loera
1974 - 2024

Main Menu

Magazines

Started by Matt Ottosen, August 19, 2009, 05:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingsnstuff

Congratulations Joe on your most recent publications.  A tremendous accomplishment and well deserved recognition for the quality and content of your photographs and writing.  Well Done!   ;D

Joe Copalman

Thanks Vance & Anna! 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Geez...
You go away for a weekend and people go get famous-er!

Bravo all around!

BTW, AzAP got a lot of love at the ISAP event in Texas.  People know who we are!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Dave S.

I like knowing famous people...

...and adding to my list, our very own Jeff Welker.  He was the "People and Places" winner in the 2nd annual Smithsonian Air & Space photo contest. 

Today's issue of Air & Space just arrived, announcing the winners of the contest.  Read for yourself here: http://www.airspacemag.com/airspacemag/winners-2nd-annual-air-space-photo-contest-180955328/

Both Jeff and Scott Youmans (another finalist from AzAP) should be congratulated on their achievements.

Bravo
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Scott Youmans

That is fantastic Jeff! No doubt there were a lot of entries to beat, no small accomplishment.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Dave S. on May 26, 2015, 03:17:11 PM
I like knowing famous people...

...and adding to my list, our very own Jeff Welker.  He was the "People and Places" winner in the 2nd annual Smithsonian Air & Space photo contest. 

Today's issue of Air & Space just arrived, announcing the winners of the contest.  Read for yourself here: http://www.airspacemag.com/airspacemag/winners-2nd-annual-air-space-photo-contest-180955328/

Both Jeff and Scott Youmans (another finalist from AzAP) should be congratulated on their achievements.

Bravo

Well done gentlemen....  Well done...  :-)

Scott Youmans

Thanks Dave and Anna. I was pleased to see that they featured the finalist's photos on their web page. Thanks Dave for pointing this out.

http://www.airspacemag.com/multimedia/2014-photo-contest-finalists-180953581/
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jeff D. Welker

Thanks David, Scott, and Anna for your kind words. Definitely a nice surprise and a very satisfying accolade. Also a bonus to have my work associated with Scott's. IMO, Scott's A2A work is as good as it gets. His Harrier images from over the Atlantic Ocean are some of my all time favorites. Not sure how the judges made their final decisions? Lot's of deserving entrants.

Can't wait to get a copy of the magazine to see how things look in print.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Piling on more kudos to Jeff and Scott from my corner of the world!  Bravo Gents!

Oh, and I guess I get to play too:
http://skiesmag.com/digital/2015/csv5i3/files/1.html

Starting on page 104 you'll find an article on advanced cockpit technologies and it features a couple of my shots from a job I did for Honeywell a while back.  Glad they found a use for them!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Jay Beckman on May 27, 2015, 12:04:42 AM
Piling on more kudos to Jeff and Scott from my corner of the world!  Bravo Gents!

Oh, and I guess I get to play too:
http://skiesmag.com/digital/2015/csv5i3/files/1.html

Starting on page 104 you'll find an article on advanced cockpit technologies and it features a couple of my shots from a job I did for Honeywell a while back.  Glad they found a use for them!

Thanks Jay. Nice interior work. Not an easy environment to get such nicely balanced exposures. Well done.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

wingsnstuff

Just received notice from the Managing Editor of The Hook Magazine that two of my Prowler images will be used in this quarters The Hook Magazine for the Tailhook Association.   The publication will be issued in mid-July.  They will be sending me a copy then.  The Prowler shots were both taken at NAF El Centro.

Don't know if this ever happened.  They did not send me a copy of that issue, so I may not have made the final cut.  :'(

Joe Copalman

Quote from: wingsnstuff on June 16, 2015, 07:06:38 PM
Just received notice from the Managing Editor of The Hook Magazine that two of my Prowler images will be used in this quarters The Hook Magazine for the Tailhook Association.   The publication will be issued in mid-July.  They will be sending me a copy then.  The Prowler shots were both taken at NAF El Centro.

Congrats, Vance!  I'll have a TC-12 shot running in that same issue.  *HIGHFIVE*

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

wingsnstuff

Thank you Joe and congratulations to you as well.  I love to see published images that were taken by AZAP members, and to be one of them is a real thrill.  I miss you all, but hope to get back to Arizona for a visit late this Summer.  Maybe we could manage to get together while I'm there.  Thanks again.

Joe Copalman

Thanks Vance!

Any idea on what dates you'll be in town?  We're trying to schedule our 6th anniversary dinner, would be cool if we could make it work while you're in the valley.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

wingsnstuff

Joe, I don't know yet, but I'll get back to you soon with planned dates. That would be awesome if I could join the group for the anniversary dinner.  I'll let you know soon