In Memory of David Loera
1974 - 2024

Main Menu

Magazines

Started by Matt Ottosen, August 19, 2009, 05:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: bilwor on December 05, 2014, 07:04:03 AM
One of my photos of  a Southwest 738 in the new colors appears on the cover of Airways Magazine

"http://www.airwaysnews.com/html/"

bill word

Well done Bill. Excellent work sir.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: bilwor on December 05, 2014, 07:04:03 AM
One of my photos of  a Southwest 738 in the new colors appears on the cover of Airways Magazine

bill word

Congratulations Bill.....

Tower Guy

Way to go Bill, well deserved young man.

bilwor

Thank you Jeff, Anna & Harvey

bill
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Dave S.

Echoing the previous sentiments, nicely executed there Bill!
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Barry Griffiths

Hey Steve;
I just saw your cover shot on the General Aviation News. I can see why they chose it ...... exemplary! Congrats.
Barry Griffiths
Tucson, Arizona & Waterloo, Ontario

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Not sure how I missed your original post. Well done indeed!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

bilwor

Thanks, Dave, Joe & Scott

Steve. congrats on your cover shot and your article in "General Aviation News" . it is well written and photographed.

AzAPers are getting WELL DESERVED recognition for their photographic expertise and I am proud to be member.

bill
bill word
Tucson, AZ

azspyder

Quote from: bilwor on December 05, 2014, 04:12:38 PM
Steve. congrats on your cover shot and your article in "General Aviation News" . it is well written and photographed.

AzAPers are getting WELL DESERVED recognition for their photographic expertise and I am proud to be member.

bill

Thanks Bill. I kind of diversified a little from the military aircraft stuff I have been working on, but it is just as rewarding. I got a feature story, cover photo, and other photos published out of some time I spent at the Copperstate Fly-In. I have an affinity for the classic stuff and fly-ins such as the Copperstate, Coolidge, Cactus, etc... can yield great results.

I have everyone here to thank for my successes. This is a wonderful group of talented photographers that are constantly raising the bar.

Here's a link to the issue: http://generalaviationnews.com/2012/01/01/general-aviation-news/

Anna M. Wood

Wow..... Congratulations Steve.

azspyder

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Jeff D. Welker on November 25, 2014, 11:10:15 AM
I got some pleasant news this morning. Two of my photographs are amongst the ten finalists (in two separate categories) in the Air & Space/Smithsonian magazine second annual photo contest. If I've read my notice correctly, my two photographs, along with other finalists in four categories, will appear on Air & Space's website at www.airspacemag.com in December (exact date unknown to me). By mid-January 2015, I should be notified if either of these two images are category or grand-prize winners. I don't mind saying this is pretty cool stuff for an old man like myself. Accordingly, I'd ask my AzAP brothers and sisters to channel some good vibes for me in the hopes the your collective karma will help one of the images do well. I suppose that if one of the images wins or gets honorable mention, it might get published in their magazine.

BTW, it won't surprise me one bit to find out that others in our ranks have been declared "finalists". I know that Scott Youmans, Jay Beckman and other AzAP shooters (sorry for forgetting names) have been published by Air & Space/Smithsonian magazine. I'd count it an extra privilege to be associated with such an august group. ;)  ;D

UPDATE - The final 40 photographs in the Air & Space/Smithsonian magazine second annual photo contest have been posted on their website (http://www.airspacemag.com/multimedia/2014-photo-contest-finalists-180953581/). Besides my two images, our brother Scott Youmans also has a wonderful A2A image in the finals. There are some terrific photographs in the final 40 and I count myself lucky to be included. If you have a minute, please go to the Air & Space magazine website and take a look at the great aviation images and cast a vote for your favorite. You can vote once each day, and the contest will remain open until February 15, 2015.

Please note: Smithsonian Air & Space Magazine will change the order of the images, and replace the "hero" shot on their home page every few days, in the name of fairness. You can vote for your favorite image by simply clicking on the blue "vote" button at the bottom of a photograph's caption.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

bilwor

Congrats Jeff on making the final 40 and with 2 photos at that.
bill word
bill word
Tucson, AZ

azspyder

Congrats Jeff and Scott! I'm pulling for you guys!