1961 - 2023

Main Menu

Magazines

Started by Matt Ottosen, August 19, 2009, 05:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azspyder

Congrats Jeff....very cool!

Scott Youmans

Very cool indeed Jeff!  Fun to see your work in print.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Tower Guy

Jeff, congrats on the cover photo, its cool to see your work acknowledged for what it is, always publishable!

Chris V

Nice job! Congrats Jeff!!

Jeff D. Welker

Thanks Dave, Joe, Anna, Steven, Scott, Harvey, and Chris. Your kind words of encouragement are appreciated.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

azspyder

Now for my Pièce de résistance....

My photo from Angel Thunder made the cover of the Civil Air Patrol's "Desert Wings" magazine :-)

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

azspyder

Jeff D. Welker

I got some pleasant news this morning. Two of my photographs are amongst the ten finalists (in two separate categories) in the Air & Space/Smithsonian magazine second annual photo contest. If I've read my notice correctly, my two photographs, along with other finalists in four categories, will appear on Air & Space's website at www.airspacemag.com in December (exact date unknown to me). By mid-January 2015, I should be notified if either of these two images are category or grand-prize winners. I don't mind saying this is pretty cool stuff for an old man like myself. Accordingly, I'd ask my AzAP brothers and sisters to channel some good vibes for me in the hopes the your collective karma will help one of the images do well. I suppose that if one of the images wins or gets honorable mention, it might get published in their magazine.

BTW, it won't surprise me one bit to find out that others in our ranks have been declared "finalists". I know that Scott Youmans, Jay Beckman and other AzAP shooters (sorry for forgetting names) have been published by Air & Space/Smithsonian magazine. I'd count it an extra privilege to be associated with such an august group. ;)  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Anna M. Wood

Very cool Jeff.... Congratulations.

Tower Guy

Congrats Jeff, you are a winner just being a finalist in this endeavor. Here's hoping for the best results for you.

bilwor

One of my photos of  a Southwest 738 in the new colors appears on the cover of Airways Magazine

"http://www.airwaysnews.com/html/"

bill word
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Barry Griffiths

Congratulations, Bill .... a super shot and well deserving of its cover position in Airways magazine.
Barry Griffiths
Tucson, Arizona & Waterloo, Ontario

azspyder

Jeff, sorry so late...congrats. I wish you the best.

Bill, great shot...nice job! I love the perspective of the shot. It works well on the cover.

bilwor

Thanks, Barry & Steve

bill
bill word
Tucson, AZ