Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA, KIWA, IWA) "Willie"

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 12, 2009, 05:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsox223

Quote from: Joe Copalman on January 22, 2010, 09:02:43 AM

2. 'the hell?  Thought this might be spray gear, but it looks like a bunch of tiny little lights.  Any ideas?

While researching i stumbled upon this picture and thought Id share, it was taken a while back in Singapore.

Dave S.

Hard to tell in the post, but could you tell if the text is generated by an array of lights hung below the aircraft (similar to the plane that was seen at Willie) or were they dedicated lights mounted on the bottom of the wing?
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

redsox223

The book says,  "Strut Braced underwing neon lighting"

Dave S.

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

redsox223

Also dated to the 1950s. Its always nice to be researching and find something completely irrelevant to that, but linked to something else.

Joe Copalman

I caught Sentimental Journey shooting a few touch-and-goes at Willie morning.  Good to see her flying again:
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

redsox223

Quote from: Joe Copalman on February 11, 2010, 01:54:18 PM
I caught Sentimental Journey shooting a few touch-and-goes at Willie morning.  Good to see her flying again:

Nice job with the prop blur.

Joe Copalman

Ha!  I was playing it safe a 1/250th.  I always seem to get carried away and try to catch her in the 1/100th to 1/160th range and I'm never satisfied with the results.  For as much as I've been told that it's impossible to take a bad photo of SJ, I've taken far more bad ones than good ones.

And thanks!
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Stephen Marshall

Wow, I really need to start getting up before noon,  Surprised I didn't wake up to the roar of a B-17 this morning!

Fantastic shot!
-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.

Stephen Marshall

Gorgeous day out over at Willie. So I thought I would pop by and see if I could meet anyone from AzAP before I went to Tucson for the weekend. Unfortunately I didn't really introduce myself to anyone (I was the one wearing an Air Force shirt today) however there were tons of kids playing and just seemed like a lot of family activity. Which is good since there was a lot of Military. Had 4(?) T-38's, 4 Harriers (2 twin seaters) and a T-45. Good day for a family trip to the airport  ;D

--

--

Not sure what I think of the last one really, but it was interesting so I've posted it.
-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.

Chris V

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Chris V

David Loera

You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.

Matt Ottosen

Marine All Weather Fighter Attack Squadron 121 (VMFA(AW)-121) "Green Knights"
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.