Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA, KIWA, IWA) "Willie"

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 12, 2009, 05:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Youmans

Kind of a high-vis low-vis paint job.  Very cool sighting nevertheless.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Scott Youmans on August 02, 2012, 05:46:49 PM
Kind of a high-vis low-vis paint job.  Very cool sighting nevertheless.

I've always liked the term "Crayolaflage."
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

bilwor

What is that hanging on the left side of the A149?
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Paul Dumm

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Joe Copalman

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

RED AND WHITE

A bit too heat-hazy for my liking, but I dig the uniform reflections of the red and white runway data on the undersides of the engine nacelles and fuselage, and how it echoes Tanker 40's paint scheme.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

^^^^^^^ I like the image very much Joe. You even caught one of the dust devils in the background.

With the latest release in the Batman movie saga, I wanted to title this image "The Dark Knight". Unfortunately, I can't find a way to couch it without offending someone. Once that was stuck in my brain pan, I could not think of any other title that I liked - darn.

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Jeff Welker on August 09, 2012, 09:08:29 AM
^^^^^^^ I like the image very much Joe. You even caught one of the dust devils in the background.

Thanks, Jeff.  I think a lot of the elements I typically do not like in images, like the heat haze, the harsh overhead lighting and blown-out reflections on the leading edges of the wings, tail, and nacelles, and the hazy, cruddy sky all kind of work in this shot, as they tell the story about how hot and miserable it was out there.  And next to the reflections of the runway numbers, the dust devil is my favorite detail too. 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Jeff Welker on August 09, 2012, 09:08:29 AM
With the latest release in the Batman movie saga, I wanted to title this image "The Dark Knight". Unfortunately, I can't find a way to couch it without offending someone. Once that was stuck in my brain pan, I could not think of any other title that I liked - darn.

How about something incorporating the President's Secret Service codename ("Renegade") into the title?  

This was also a few minutes before Governor Brewer was photographed wagging her finger in the President's face, so maybe a reference to that?

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Matt Ottosen

Boeing C-17A Globemaster III
452d Air Mobility Wing (452 AMW)

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Matt Ottosen

Boeing C-17A Globemaster III
62d Airlift Wing (62 AW)
446th Airlift Wing (446 AW)

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.