Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA, KIWA, IWA) "Willie"

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 12, 2009, 05:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpasley

Fantastic shot Joe, thats one I would be proud of, cant believe you took that 3 years ago and are just now posting it

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Chris Pasley on July 18, 2012, 10:25:06 AM
Fantastic shot Joe, thats one I would be proud of, cant believe you took that 3 years ago and are just now posting it

Thanks, Chris.  Been going through older stuff and taking second stabs at it with Lightroom.  Also hitting some that were too cluttered as-is, and I'm much more confident in my cloning skills than I was back when I first shot them.  
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

Just doing a test to see if I can link from my websight.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Joe Copalman

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

August 2009 was a particularly good month at Willie.  Hoping next month is similarly awesome.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Now that is some nice light....Pretty cool aircraft too!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Matt Ottosen

Boeing C-17A Globemaster III
452d Air Mobility Wing (452 AMW)
Spirit of California

When 04-4138 was here on 06/24/12, she did not have the Spirit of California title (http://azaerophoto.com/forum/index.php?topic=12.msg33109#msg33109).

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: Joe Copalman on July 25, 2012, 07:41:35 PM
Diggin' that shot Matt!

Thanks Joe, at 1/30 second I was really using the fence to hold me steady!
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

Joe Copalman

Dang.  Solid work for 1/30.  That sky has a lot of potential, looks like quite a bit of wiggle room before you hit the goalposts.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: Joe Copalman on July 25, 2012, 08:01:20 PM
Dang.  Solid work for 1/30.  That sky has a lot of potential, looks like quite a bit of wiggle room before you hit the goalposts.

Thank you, Joe!  The sky was pretty blown-out in the original shot because of the slow shutter, but I played around with it for a little while until I ended up with this result.

I also just noticed the blur of a bird right above the number four engine.  I saw the bird in other shots I took, but never noticed it in this shot and never realized how close it came to one of the engines.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Joe Copalman on July 25, 2012, 08:01:20 PM
Dang.  Solid work for 1/30.  That sky has a lot of potential, looks like quite a bit of wiggle room before you hit the goalposts.

+1. I think you can have a lot more fun with this image Matt. Great capture!
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.