Heritage Flight Conference Media Day 2011

Started by Joe Copalman, February 16, 2011, 02:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel DeSart

I am limited to one trip out this week do to lack of gas, when would the best day to meet up be?

Ned Harris

I suspect Friday will be the best day. It is "Media Day" and I expect we will see all the single ship demos which can be great. My strong preference is to shoot them from off-base.
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

jslugman

Friday is a normal fly-day for the Guard.
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Daniel DeSart

Quote from: Ned Harris on March 02, 2011, 09:16:10 PM
I suspect Friday will be the best day. It is "Media Day" and I expect we will see all the single ship demos which can be great. My strong preference is to shoot them from off-base.

Thanks Ned, are you guys going to be meeting up at the guardrail then?

Ned Harris

Daniel: The guardrail location is no good now as they are still landing 3000 ft long due to the runway paving work. I plan to go to TIA early Friday morning and then head over to 4650 Irvington about 0900. See you there.
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Daniel DeSart

Quote from: Ned Harris on March 03, 2011, 05:49:56 AM
Daniel: The guardrail location is no good now as they are still landing 3000 ft long due to the runway paving work. I plan to go to TIA early Friday morning and then head over to 4650 Irvington about 0900. See you there.

Alright, I will meet you at TIA then around 0740-0800.

Thanks Ned.

scottcolbath

cpasley

I was there till bout 4:30pm hoping and praying to see the "Beagle" fly but had to be at work at 5am so had to go without cacthing it :( ,in fact I think I was the last one there Vance and Joe Kates had long departed when I decided to call it a day ,but Vance was good seeing you again buddy

scottcolbath

Chris, did we meet? I met Joe and "wingsnstuff" (sorry wingsnstuff, I forget your name. And all the more reason we should all use our given names on boards), but I don't recall meeting you, Chris.

S.C.

scottcolbath

Wasn't sure if a new thread was appropriate, but  here it goes........

Being a noob, I'll just post my pics. You guys who are loaded with data on the planes can fill in the details.

On the right......Sarah. She was tasked with being my wrangler for the day. Basically she had to chase me around the flight line, make sure I was not sucked into a jet engine, or chopped up by a prop, and bring me water.  She was a real sweetheart, and very smart.

Most of the wranglers.

Great day. The sun was a bitch, but who can complain when you get to spend the day on the base, and after, have a Sonoran hot dog?  8)

S.C.

cpasley

I think we crossed paths ,im not hard to miss as I am only 5'4" and kinda on the chubby side wearing a black polo and tan cargo shorts (man this is depressing kinda sounds like a failed profile for a dating site ,lol) ,I wanted to meet everyone from our group but also to not look like a fool asking everyone so I apologize I missed the opportunity ,plus I did arrive late ,sitting next to my car on the I-10 for over 2hrs waiting for them to clear traffic after a shootout which made me miss the meet and greet and ground shots on the plus side Joe Kates apparently was stuck about a mile ahead of me ,lol just joking Joe

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Brian Lockett

Participants in the Air Force Heritage Conference at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base on Friday, March 4, 2011:

Lockhed-Martin F-22A Raptor of the 27th Fighter Squadron Fighting Eagles and North American P-51D Mustang NL351MX, 44-74391 February

McDonnell-Douglas QF-4E-61 Phantom II 74-1627 of the 82nd Aerial Target Squadron based at Holloman Air Force Base and Lockheed P-38L Lightning NL38TF, 44-53095 Thoughts of Midnight

McDonnell-Douglas QF-4E-62 Phantom II 74-1638 of the 82nd Aerial Target Squadron based at Holloman Air Force Base and North American P-51D Mustang flying as 44-63187 Bum Steer.

Fairchild-Republic A-10A Warthog 81-0964 of the 23rd Fighter Group based at Pope Air Force Base, North Carolina and North American P-51K Mustang N98CF, 44-12016 Fragile But Agile

Fairchild-Republic A-10A Warthog 81-0964 of the 23rd Fighter Group based at Pope Air Force Base, North Carolina and North American P-51K Mustang N98CF, 44-12016 Fragile But Agile

Lockheed-Martin F-22A-40 Raptor 09-4172 of the 27th Fighter Squadron Fighting Eagles based at Langley Air Force Base, Virginia, McDonnell-Douglas QF-4E-48 Phantom II 71-0237 oif the 82nd Aerial Target Squadron based at Holloman Air Force Base, and North American P-51D Mustang flying as 44-63187 Bum Steer.

McDonnell-Douglas QF-4E-61 Phantom II 74-1627 oif the 82nd Aerial Target Squadron based at Holloman Air Force Base, General Dynamics F-16C Block 50D Fighting Falcon 91-0398 of the 79th Fighter Squadron Tigers based at Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina, and North American P-51K Mustang N98CF, 44-12016 Fragile But Agile.

Lockheed-Martin F-22A-40 Raptor 09-4172 of the 27th Fighter Squadron Fighting Eagles based at Langley Air Force Base, Virginia, McDonnell-Douglas QF-4E-48 Phantom II 71-0237 oif the 82nd Aerial Target Squadron based at Holloman Air Force Base, and North American P-51D Mustang flying as 44-63187 Bum Steer.

McDonnell-Douglas QF-4E-61 Phantom II 74-1627 oif the 82nd Aerial Target Squadron based at Holloman Air Force Base, General Dynamics F-16C Block 50D Fighting Falcon 91-0398 of the 79th Fighter Squadron Tigers based at Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina, and North American P-51K Mustang N98CF, 44-12016 Fragile But Agile.

General Dynamics F-16C Block 50D Fighting Falcon 91-0398 of the 79th Fighter Squadron Tigers based at Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina and North American P-51K Mustang N98CF, 44-12016 Fragile But Agile.

I have more photos of the Heritage Conference posted on my web site at Air-and-Space.com

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

scottcolbath