1961 - 2023

Main Menu

Boeing 737

Started by Joe Copalman, June 18, 2009, 12:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

Sun Country 737-8Q8 at Willie.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Matt Ottosen

Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX, KPHX)

Boeing 737-7H4

Shamu

This is also my first, and only, photo on A.net.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Joe Copalman

Awesome shot Matt.  Wonder how they derived that this shot was leveled properly.   ;)

Here's an old 737-200 still flown by Sierra Pacific.  Caught it leaving Willie last September:

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Faded Southwest bird.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

photorecon

Joseph D. Kates

Dave S.

These two were landing right into the sun - notice the copilot's arm blocking the sun in the 2nd photo.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: Dave S. on July 12, 2009, 09:04:42 PM
These two were landing right into the sun - notice the copilot's arm blocking the sun in the 2nd photo.

How about that kid (second window from the left), he's wondering why you're standing in the back of your truck pointing a bazooka at him!
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Dave S.

I totally missed that guy in the second row - was too preoccupied by the guys up front. :-\
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Joe Copalman

American airplane, Mexican airline, Irish registration(?).  AeroMexico out of PHX. 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

wingsnstuff

This Continental Boeing 737 was on final approach to Ronald Reagan Washington National airport at sunset

Joe Copalman

Saturday morning @ PHX.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

wingsnstuff

Joe, Did you notice the Flickr notice where your image was?  This Photograph is Currently Not Available.  I was getting that yesterday when I attempted to post a few images from my Flickr site.  I reported my problem to Flickr, but it got pushed up the technical chain shortly thereafter.  I think Flickr may be exeriencing some growth problems with their server farm.

Joe Copalman

Thanks for the heads-up Vance.  This was on me, actually.  I edited the image slightly this afternoon (upped the contrast a bit to compensate for a little bit of a "hazy" look) and with Flickr, sometimes when you edit a photo is will actually change the URL when you save it.  Not sure what the parameters are for this, but I've run into before.    Thanks again.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

wingsnstuff

Thanks Joe.  That happened to me yesterday for unknown reasons.  I'll have to check it out tomorrow when I reload that image.  Thanks again.  FYI The image looks great. 

David Loera

Boeing 737-823 "American Airlines"

Boeing 737-752 AM "AeroMexico"

Love the silver look
You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.