So I'll start a week early... what did you get for Christmas this year?

Started by F-16_fixer, December 19, 2010, 08:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F-16_fixer

Since my girlfriend and I will be busy skydiving Christmas weekend we decided to open our gifts this weekend.  I don't know how she does it but every year she outdoes herself.  I have finally added some quality shorter glass to my collection.  She got me the 17-40 f/4L and the 70-200 f/4L!  And as a bonus she got me the 24-105 f4L IS Coffe mug!   

And yes she has a sister but she lives in another country  ;D
-Chris-

scottcolbath

F-16_fixer

Quote from: scottcolbath on December 20, 2010, 10:12:02 AM
Nice score. What did you get her?

S.C.

Taking her skydiving on the 26th.  Plus the fact that I put up with her crazy antics is a year round gift  ;D
-Chris-

Jay Beckman

Quote from: F-16_fixer on December 20, 2010, 02:44:01 PM

Taking her skydiving on the 26th.  Plus the fact that I put up with her crazy antics is a year round gift  ;D

So, I'm guessing you don't anticipate her joining our merry band any time soon, huh?   :D
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

BillOz

My daughter got me an aerobatic ride in a Glider.  Might go take it this next week sometime.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

Matt Ottosen

I got a refrigerator magnet with my photo of MitS on it (currently for sale in the Arizona Wing PX).

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Jay Beckman

New Hoodie Sweatshirt
Avatar Blu-Ray (Includes "Making Of" and Extras)
GT5 for the PS3
Clothes
Set of 4 Aircraft Instrument Coasters

A most excellent Christmas!   ;D
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Paul Dumm

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

jslugman

RoboTech game for Gamecube (yeah baby, rolling it old-school style).
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Joe Copalman

I got a bunch of grilling stuff (a smoker box, a new long-armed basting brush, and wood chips for said smoker), some sweaters, some cash, and the priceless joy of seeing my daughter open all of her gifts this year.  That was the best gift of all.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

CJPalmer

The parental units got me a Bendix D-12 compass used in the B-17.

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

cpasley

Quote from: Joe Copalman on December 25, 2010, 06:56:32 PM
I got a bunch of grilling stuff (a smoker box, a new long-armed basting brush, and wood chips for said smoker), some sweaters, some cash, and the priceless joy of seeing my daughter open all of her gifts this year.  That was the best gift of all.

I have to agree with Joe ,Even though I personally didnt get anything I busted my ass to ensure my sisters kids didnt go without ,cause heavens knows no one else in their life gave a crap so at least they got a little enjoyment was worth it and the fact that Santa has once again came through ,kinda chokes me up  :'(

scottcolbath

Quote from: Joe Copalman on December 25, 2010, 06:56:32 PM

Sweet.

I grill four or five nights a week. My primary device is a Big Green Egg and mesquite wood. I also have a Weber one Touch Silver (22") and a One Touch Gold (27"). I break out the Webers when I need more grilling space. The BGE is extremely easy to use and maintain, so that gets the most use these days.

The long-armed basting brush is a must. I have a few, and they get used plenty. Wood chips..........What kind? I keep mesquite and hickory in the house. I bought some apple wood from an orchard a while back and the wife accidentally burned it in the fireplace.  >:(

S.C.