Az CAF - Gathering of Legends, 11/13/2010

Started by Rob Silliman, August 18, 2010, 09:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Rob Silliman

Third Annual "Gathering of Legends"
Sat Nov 13

Commemorative Air Force Arizona Wing

To celebrate Veterans Day some 40 military aviators and crewmen representing our aerial conflicts from World War II through Desert Storm will be at the Arizona Wing to talk to the public about their military experiences. Included will be the local WASP and Tuskegee Airmen. There will also be fly-overs of Arizona Wing aircraft as well as visiting aircraft. For more information call AZ Wing at (480) 924-1940 or www.azcaf.org.

Joe Copalman

This wasn't really billed as a flying event last year, but it turned out to be pretty awesome.  A few shots from last year for any who might be on the fence about attending:

Tuskegee Airmen

Jurca Spit:

Stearman (multiple photo-passes like this).

C-45:

P-51 (flown earlier in the day by Bud Anderson in formation with the Spit).

For as cool as this event was, there really wasn't a whole lot of promotion in advance of it.

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

BillOz

Unfortunately this is the same day as the Nellis Aviation Nation Airshow, which I hope to be attending.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

Rob Silliman

Third Annual "Gathering of Legends"
Sat Nov 13

Commemorative Air Force Arizona Wing

To celebrate Veterans Day some 40 military aviators and crewmen representing our aerial conflicts from World War II through Desert Storm will be at the Arizona Wing to talk to the public about their military experiences. Included will be the local WASP and Tuskegee Airmen. There will also be fly-overs of Arizona Wing aircraft as well as visiting aircraft. For more information call AZ Wing at (480) 924-1940 or www.azcaf.org.

cpasley

Yeah why has to be the same weekend as Nellis which I have been planning since now ,lol hell I just approved the time off at work

Joe Copalman

So, anyone going out to Falcon tomorrow for this? 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ