1974 - 2024

Main Menu

Lockheed P-3 Orion

Started by Jason Hyatt, May 26, 2010, 10:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Hyatt

A couple shots of 007...
All images are © Jason Hyatt and may not be used without consent

"When one engine fails on a twin engine aircraft, you always have enough power to get you to the crash site." - Unknown

wingsnstuff

Jason,  Is this an Charlie Update II/III, or a new paint job on an old Bravo?  Don't see the FLIR bubble on the chin.

Joe Copalman

Vance, 161007 is a Charlie, and I'm fairly certain it's an Update III bird.  I think it's the Update III AIP birds that have the FLIR. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

wingsnstuff

Thanks Joe.  When I was stationed on Adak, Alaska my house was literally 300 feet from the taxiway at NAS Adak.  The P-3 Charlies and an occasional Bravo would come blasting over my house at about 100 feet in a 3 - 4 g turn trying desparately not to run into any of the mountains and hills that surrounded the runways on three sides

Matt Ottosen

NAS Whidbey Island

VP-40 Fighting Marlins

lockheed p-3c orion by MatthewPHX, on Flickr
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

wingsnstuff

The glorious Marlin Fin Flash is missing.  When they were all color birds that was the most impressive of all the Orion markings.  A VP-40 Det was deployed to Adak when I was stationed there.  What a beautiful shot.

Matt Ottosen

NAS Whidbey Island

VP-40 Fighting Marlins
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

Jay Beckman

At NAS Whidbey Island in May...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

Oh hell yeah.  Near-full discs, and on a bird with tail markings.  Great catch, nicely caught.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Daniel DeSart

Here's a different one for all of you  ;D.

Daniel DeSart

Scott Shea

Wow, that is a ruff looking war pig!  Rut row!  Number three engine feathered!
That truly is a fascinating picture!  Well done!  I'd love to know what was going on on board!
I haven't posted much on here and I do apologize.  I have not been taking a lot of pics over the last couple of years, however, I do have some special ones to post here.  One of the CoNA birds was retired to the boneyard in September.  Upon learning this news, I made a special trip to get some "Sundowning" pictures of aircraft 206 (Bat 21 CoNA bird) at sunset.  We all call it "206" at work since it was the last three of the BuNo.  

Scott Youmans

Fantastic shots.  I love that original Orion paint scheme!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

Barry Griffiths

Barry Griffiths
Tucson, Arizona & Waterloo, Ontario