Goldwater Range / High Alt Aircraft?

Started by Chris V, January 20, 2010, 12:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris V

Do they drop any really big weapons out there at all? Reason being our whole building here at work just rattled pretty good, we heard a low sounding thud and it shook the building. The ground did not shake just the building kinda like a pressure wave would from far away.

Also wondering if a high altitude sonic boom could do that? There was actually 2 that we heard/felt the 1st was smaller then the 2nd within a few minutes of the 1st one was much bigger.

I work south of the city of Maricopa, basically near I8 & Stanfield. Ok as I am typing another one just happened, shook again pretty good. Anyone have any thoughts on what it could be?

Jay Beckman

Could definately be sonic booms.  The boys can pretty much do whatever they want in "R-xxxx" air space.

As for ordinance, I dunno.  I've seen them pop flares at night along I-8 but I've never seen any large explosions from ground level and ain't no way I'd ever try flying over that area to look for craters.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

Pretty sure the eastern ranges on the BMGR are bullet and blue-bomb-only zones.  Most likely F-16s from Vermont making some noise up above.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Chris V

Quote from: Joe Copalman on January 20, 2010, 03:08:58 PM
Pretty sure the eastern ranges on the BMGR are bullet and blue-bomb-only zones.  Most likely F-16s from Vermont making some noise up above.

Thats what I am leaning towards also. The local forums of Maricopa are full of people freaking out lol. Personally I would love it if they did it all the time out here.