Main Menu

2019 NAF El Centro Air Show

Started by scottcolbath, March 17, 2019, 06:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottcolbath

I just missed it on this one.

S.C.

Tower Guy

Very nice shots Scott, the last one is really kick ass!

scottcolbath

Quote from: Tower Guy on March 17, 2019, 11:57:38 AM
Very nice shots Scott, the last one is really kick ass!

I wish I got the entire jet in the shot.

BTW, I did something different this year. I shot off base, where Low Rd. is shut down. I wanted a different perspective; something you don't even get at the end of 30.

Also, I totally failed with the prop plane shots this year. It's like Michael J Fox was taking the pictures. Out of over 100, I got maybe three OK shots.

And then there were the few times I forgot to switch over to TV from AV.

S.C.

Joe Copalman

Solid shots of the Blues, Scott.  Agree with Harvey on that last one. 

Regarding the shutter speed on prop shots, that's a battle I fight very selectively these days.  On the plus side, 1/Double-Digit shutter speeds usually make culling super-easy, as the garbage shots clearly mark themselves for deletion.   
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Quote from: Joe Copalman on March 17, 2019, 10:13:02 PM

Regarding the shutter speed on prop shots, that's a battle I fight very selectively these days.  On the plus side, 1/Double-Digit shutter speeds usually make culling super-easy, as the garbage shots clearly mark themselves for deletion.   

There's also the fact that I was shooting very long. That doesn't help the situation.

S.C.

Brian Corbett

Nice set, Scott!

Had an absolutely wonderful weekend with the 3G and COAP folks. Definitely the best NAFEC visit to date!

Here are a few of mine. More to come.

Big Man on Campus

From the Shadows

Heartbeat

Placated Pincer
"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack."  --Marshall Foch, September, 1914, Battle of the Marne.

Inverted Sky Images

scottcolbath

I just noticed that the pic up on Smugmug has much less trimmed off the rear than how it is displayed here.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Airplanes/NAF-El-Centro-March-2019/i-P5VftWD/0/b586d423/X4/NAF%20El%20Centro%202019%20March-36-X4.jpg

Not sure what's up with that. Is it just me, or are you guys seeing what I am (not) seeing on this board?

S.C.

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: scottcolbath on March 18, 2019, 02:02:18 PM

I just noticed that the pic up on Smugmug has much less trimmed off the rear than how it is displayed here.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Airplanes/NAF-El-Centro-March-2019/i-P5VftWD/0/b586d423/X4/NAF%20El%20Centro%202019%20March-36-X4.jpg

Not sure what's up with that. Is it just me, or are you guys seeing what I am (not) seeing on this board?

S.C.

Move the slider under the picture to the right.  The image is just large, the message board does not auto scale.

Joe Copalman

FRIDAY KNIGHT LIGHTS

BLURBEAST

ROCKETS' RED GLARE
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jonathan Navarro

Loving everyones shots from the show so far! Well done guys!

scottcolbath

Quote from: Anna M. Wood on March 18, 2019, 03:35:15 PM
Quote from: scottcolbath on March 18, 2019, 02:02:18 PM

S.C.

Move the slider under the picture to the right.  The image is just large, the message board does not auto scale.

I had no sliders. I've seen them in the past. Not showing up this time.

S.C.

Brian Corbett

To Inifinity

Eyes Up!

Alberto Gordo
"My center is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack."  --Marshall Foch, September, 1914, Battle of the Marne.

Inverted Sky Images

Brian Corbett

Angry Dog
Gotta love heat haze... Haha!

Inverted Sky Images