Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Paul Larson

I agree Chris.

As part of the acquisition, all Flickr accounts will move to SmugMug's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. You have until May 25, 2018 to either accept SmugMug's Terms and Privacy Policy or opt out. If you do nothing in that time, your account will simply transition from the current Yahoo Terms of Service and Privacy Policy to SmugMug's Terms. If you don't want to make this change, you can delete your Flickr account through your Account Settings page. If you want to preserve a copy of your photos, be sure to download them from your Camera Roll first

Matt Ottosen

Lot's of people online seem very excited by this announcement, but I'm not sure this is a good thing.  I have never heard anything good about SmugMug, but then again, I have never looked into them myself.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Anna M. Wood

I think this will end up being a good thing for Flickr.  Its ownership under Oath/Verizon was not a good fit.  SmugMug is built by photographers who get and like photography.

I do not see much happening for a while as SmugMug works to understand the Flickr community.  I hope SmugMug understands that there is room for both communities and they both offer unique experiences to each user base.  Flickr is a great brand and I do not see it getting killed off.  Hopefully, it will see improvements that we all can live with.

Think we will see some investment in Flickr to grow its community.

I do expect that it may end up costing more, in the future, for a Flickr Pro account.  That is just a fact of life.  As long as there is good value with what one is getting for the cost of a Pro account I am ok with it.

wingsnstuff

Thanks Anna.  I've got a lot of images on Flickr, so taking them down and uploading on something else is a non-starter.  Hopefully it will, as you said, be a good thing...eventually.  I agree that the Verizon fit wasn't a good one.

scottcolbath

Quote from: Matt Ottosen on April 21, 2018, 12:34:27 PM
Lot's of people online seem very excited by this announcement, but I'm not sure this is a good thing.  I have never heard anything good about SmugMug, but then again, I have never looked into them myself.

I've been using Smugmug since 2005, and it's excellent.

S.C.

scottcolbath

Quote from: Anna M. Wood on April 21, 2018, 10:25:44 PM
I think this will end up being a good thing for Flickr.  Its ownership under Oath/Verizon was not a good fit.  SmugMug is built by photographers who get and like photography.

I do not see much happening for a while as SmugMug works to understand the Flickr community.  I hope SmugMug understands that there is room for both communities and they both offer unique experiences to each user base.  Flickr is a great brand and I do not see it getting killed off.  Hopefully, it will see improvements that we all can live with.

Think we will see some investment in Flickr to grow its community.

I do expect that it may end up costing more, in the future, for a Flickr Pro account.  That is just a fact of life.  As long as there is good value with what one is getting for the cost of a Pro account I am ok with it.

Chris Macaskill, a friend from www.advrider.com started it. He's an excellent dude. He's moved on to other things, but I believe his family to a large degree, remains in charge.

https://cmac.smugmug.com

S.C.

Jay Beckman

Wonder what this will do to the "Getty Arrangement" ?
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

John S

I've been using Smugmug for quite a while, love it.  It's easy, can upload on pc or using the phone app.