Pima Air and Space Museum, Tucson, AZ

Started by Joe Copalman, June 18, 2009, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Dumm

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Scott Youmans

Quote from: Joe Copalman on June 09, 2012, 05:28:22 PM
MAGNESIUM OVERCAST

Joe, your super wide lens seems to have very respectable sharpness at the edges.  Hard to tell at this size but seems quite good.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

Scott, I'm pretty impressed by it as well, especially considering how "fishy" it is (true 8mm on APS-C bodies) and how affordable it was ($300). 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

GOD MAY BE YOUR CO-PILOT . . .

. . . BUT IT'S YOUR FLIGHT ENGINEER I'M WORRIED ABOUT.

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Apologies for the hack metering on the windows.  John, Paul, and Ringo Jay were waiting on me, and I lacked a proper flash to illuminate the interior. 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

I may have to dust off the words "pretty" and "please" and use them copiously on the 30th.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

So that is where you disappeared to, I though you when off to play with your rocket engines.  ;D
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Scott Youmans

Quote from: Joe Copalman on June 10, 2012, 12:45:27 AM
GOD MAY BE YOUR CO-PILOT . . .

. . . BUT IT'S YOUR FLIGHT ENGINEER I'M WORRIED ABOUT.
Joe, is that the interior of the C-97 or KC-97?
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

It's the forward section of a -97 of some flavor, but it's just a cockpit, removed from the rest of the fuselage.  It was one of the Boneyard Project pieces, but is off display now near the Hannah hangar. 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Ok, that explains the "art". Thanks.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

Art for Art's Sake - Taken the evening of the opening at PASM.  One of two photos featured in the Smithsonian Air & Space Magazine article and on their website.

http://www.airspacemag.com/multimedia/The-Bone-Yard-Project.html
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ