15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Aviation Art

Started by Jay Beckman, April 29, 2015, 12:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

Loving these creations Jay.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Thanks.  Just letting the pixel dust fall where it may on these...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jay Beckman

Going Downtown
(A variation on a theme)
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Dave S.

While probably not quite what Jay was intending with this thread, it's the closest I could find that looked fitting.  While the previous images take us on a visit to the past, thought I'd throw in one option of what might happen...some day.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Jay Beckman

Quote from: Dave S. on May 08, 2017, 09:32:29 AM
While probably not quite what Jay was intending with this thread, it's the closest I could find that looked fitting.  While the previous images take us on a visit to the past, thought I'd throw in one option of what might happen...some day.

If Only...

Nice repaint Dave.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jay Beckman

Playing With Textures...

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Joe Copalman

Never thought I'd have anything worthwhile to post to this thread, but I was going through my 'OV-10 Stuff' box tonight (everyone has one of those, right?) and came across a series of 'Wee OV' drawings I did in the late 90s.  If I recall correctly, the process I used on these was that I hand-drew an original outline, scanned it in, then printed it out, did the color and markings with PrismaColor markers, then did the fine-line markings with an ultra-fine gel pen on top of it.  The biggest problem I had was that I made them too small, so even the finest tip on the PrismaColors made anything I wrote with them look like a first-grader wrote it with a crayon.  Had I doubled the size, I could have gotten far more detail, and bleeding wouldn't have been nearly as problematic (I did a NASA OV-10 that bled like crazy and looks horrible). 

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Aaaaand one more. 

This one isn't very good, but of interest because I drew it using a photo Scott Youmans had taken of a Bureau of Land Management OV at Sky Harbor back in the 90s. 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Anna M. Wood

Those are very cool Joe....

Jay Beckman

So Joe was "Blackheart" before Blackheart was Blackheart...

Nice!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

scottcolbath

Quote from: wingsnstuff on April 09, 2018, 08:59:44 AM
Call it a Wingsnstuff Photoshop Service Life Extension Plan (SLEP) :-). Here's the BEFORE and AFTER

When are you opening a virtual body shop?

S.C.

wingsnstuff

;D Wouldn't that be a hoot!  Fix it on the computer and it automatically translates to the physical object.  All the best to you Scott and the rest of the AZAP group.  Maybe I can hook up with you all again this coming August when Susie and I make our pilgrimage back to Arizona from South Carolina.  I do miss going out on the photo shoots with you all.   :'(

tajmahal250

One of those "I wonder......" ideas....

[/url]MI 24 Edit by Thomas  Backus, on Flickr[/img]

tajmahal250

Inspired by Mike Kelley's work "Wake Turbulence," I tried to create my own version. Didn't come out exactly how I wanted to, but still pretty happy. Guess I gotta go back.....

[/url]CAUTION, WAKE TURBULENCE, 24 RIGHT by Thomas  Backus, on Flickr[/img]