Holiday Heavies 2014

Started by Jeff D. Welker, December 23, 2014, 07:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

I think this may be the best group of "Holiday Heavies" photographs ever. Excellent work one and all.

HE AIN'T HEAVY, HE'S MY [little] BROTHER
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Scott Youmans

Purple Haze - Early morning departure. You can see the shadow from the MD-11 cast on the building in the background.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Scott Youmans

Thanks Joe, Anna, and Paul regarding the "Ground Clutter" shot. Dave and I were both down at that end of the runway. I'm sure Dave got a similar shot. I don't recall seeing that many little guys all waiting at one time.  There seemed to be something holding things up, not sure what.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

Actually, AmFlight's departures seem to have gotten looser over the past few years.  I remember shooting the holiday traffic in '09 and '10 when they were based on the north side of the field, and like clockwork, they'd all cross the bridge just east of the tower to the south side for departure, all in a row, followed by what looked like an old SAC-style MITO departure of all of them from the south runway.  It was really cool to see, and your shot totally reminded me of that. 

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Jeff D. Welker

I really like the "head-on" shot of the 3-holer Ned. Nice work sir.

DEUTSCHE POST AG
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

One nice thing about this year's Holiday Heavies is all the 'new' spots we seem to keep finding.  :D
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Paul Dumm on December 30, 2014, 08:45:35 AM
One nice thing about this year's Holiday Heavies is all the 'new' spots we seem to keep finding.  :D

That was certainly a pleasant surprise for me this year Paul. A couple of new spots, angles, and options - a good thing  ;)
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Quote from: Jeff D. Welker on December 30, 2014, 08:19:55 AM
DEUTSCHE POST AG
Jeff, Love this one as well as your V.2 747 landing.  One unexpected cool thing about the DHL 767 shot is the sloping taxi way in the foreground.  Really adds something.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Scott Youmans

Quite the climb angle! Always looks good when the gear is going up. Glad you could make it to Phoenix for the holiday rush.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ