Copperstate Fly-In 2014

Started by Anna M. Wood, October 24, 2014, 08:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna M. Wood

I will start it off with a few images from Copperstate today....

Harmon Rocket, N268DM

Van's RV-7A, N247AJ

Joe Copalman

EVALUATOR OF EVALUATORS

Pretty stoked to see this T-34 done up in old NWEF Kirtland chase markings. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

ULTRALIGHT, ULTRAWIDE

The fisheye earned its keep today. 

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Come on guys....More! Show me what I missed today.

S.C.

azspyder

I apologize for not hanging out near the runway with my fellow AzAP'ers, but I ended up bringing my youngest daughter with me today.

Scott Youmans

Quote from: Joe Copalman on October 24, 2014, 09:40:48 PM
EVALUATOR OF EVALUATORS
Pretty stoked to see this T-34 done up in old NWEF Kirtland chase markings. 
Awesome paint scheme and a great shot.  I remember NWEF had an OV-10A when I lived in ABQ.  Standard (at that time) all green paint with the NWEF logo on the tail.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Scott Youmans

Quote from: Joe Copalman on October 24, 2014, 10:00:58 PM
ULTRALIGHT, ULTRAWIDE
The fisheye earned its keep today. 
An especially nice composition with your fisheye.  Really worked with that aircraft.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

Thanks on both shots, Scott.

I remember being disappointed when I saw shots of that NWEF OV-10, as a lot of their aircraft at Kirtland had some incredible one-of-a-kind paint schemes.  NWEF had at least one A-4M that had a black-and-white scheme that was the opposite on each side, like a negative or something.  Really cool stuff.  The T-34 pilot was never around when I was by the aircraft, I wanted to ask if the paint scheme on his bird is legit.  My hunch is that it is.

With the trike shot, I just saw how the light was illuminating the wings on some of them and thought it might make for a good fisheye shot with fill flash lighting up the fuselage.  Came out pretty good considering all I had was the on-board flash on my 70D.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

THIS IS SPARTA!

Apologies to anyone within earshot of my loud and joyous profanity when I saw this Spartan Executive come into the pattern.  Been after this bird for a few years now, so stoked to have finally caught it.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

Beautiful shots of from Copperstate, one and all, sorry I missed it, congrats everyone. We sure have a great bunch of shooter in AzAP. I'm proud to be an associate.

Anna M. Wood

Hunter Nedin taxiing for departure Saturday afternoon.  Piper Cub J3C-65, N42744