Non Aviation Photography Thread

Started by Jay Beckman, October 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azspyder

Attacus atlas

Atlas moth "snake's head moth"

Anna M. Wood

That is a beautiful shot Steve....  Great use of selective color.

azspyder

Quote from: RenderBay on June 21, 2014, 10:21:15 PM
That is a beautiful shot Steve....  Great use of selective color.

Thank you Anna!

Chris V

Shot this up in Prescott over the weekend. Just taken from a friends backyard I wasn't real serious about getting things perfect. I will be heading up again and bringing my equatorial mount for a reshoot with possibly Lake Watson in the foreground. Single shot ISO 1600, 25 sec @ F2.8 14mm.

Tower Guy

Chris V

azspyder

scottcolbath

Horseshoe Bend.

Grasslands north of Flagstaff at sunset. I was actually hoping to catch the sunset at Sunset Crater, but construction held a bunch of us up for 30 minutes. I just stopped when the light got good. I was at the entrance to Wupatki National Monument.

Bison at the North Rim.

89 in Utah, heading towards Kanab.

I got totally skunked at the North Rim as far as canyon shots. It was raining hard with lightning. I wasn't hiking anywhere.

S.C.

Scott Youmans

Scott, really like that grasslands shot.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

scottcolbath

Quote from: Scott Youmans on July 03, 2014, 11:17:55 PM

Thank you sir. Basically no PP on that shot. The light was amazing. I used a polarizer to allow some extra shutter time, and that's it.

S.C.

Scott Youmans

Quote from: scottcolbath on July 04, 2014, 08:58:39 AM
Quote from: Scott Youmans on July 03, 2014, 11:17:55 PM

Thank you sir. Basically no PP on that shot. The light was amazing. I used a polarizer to allow some extra shutter time, and that's it.

S.C.
The scrub pines lead your eye into the clouds and the grass is leaning that way in the wind. And of course the light!  Everything came together on that one.   Just out of curiosity, what focal length were you using?
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Tower Guy

Very nice group of shots Scott.

scottcolbath

Quote from: Scott Youmans on July 04, 2014, 09:11:28 AM
The scrub pines lead your eye into the clouds and the grass is leaning that way in the wind. And of course the light!  Everything came together on that one.   Just out of curiosity, what focal length were you using?

I wish I could say I put that much thought into the composition as you say above, but I didn't. I just looked for what looked like the right shot, and set up the tripod, etc. and took a few shots while the light waned. It was totally a seat of the pants feel, along with being rushed because I was losing light and needed a place to capture it. I pulled on to the Wuptaki entrance, because it was the only thing open that allowed me access beneath power lines, drove about 200 yards in and thought that field looked good from my perspective. Even if the shots did not come out well, I loved watching the sun set there. That field just lit up.

I shot at 24mm with my Canon 24-70 F/2.8L at F/9. Exposure was 1/80th.

S.C.

Anna M. Wood

Tempe Town Lake 4th of July Fireworks
From the east economy parking deck at Phoenix Sky Harbor
3 image composite

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved