Started by Matt Ottosen, June 19, 2014, 06:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aviation Artist

Gorgeous shots, Anna, stay peachy!
Ashlie Ottosen
Ottosen Photography | Ashlie Ottosen
Phoenix, AZ

Aviation Artist

Here are my last three photos from this Photocall.

Ashlie Ottosen
Ottosen Photography | Ashlie Ottosen
Phoenix, AZ

Anna M. Wood

Matt Ottosen

Lockheed Martin KC-130J Super Hercules
Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 352 (VMGR-352) "Raiders"

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Tower Guy

Very nice C130 shot Matt, you and Ashlie really cover this event very well, the Dynamic Duo!

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: Tower Guy on July 17, 2014, 07:26:59 PM
Very nice C130 shot Matt, you and Ashlie really cover this event very well, the Dynamic Duo!

Thanks Harvey!  It's always an amazing time out at NAF El Centro, and Ashlie just loved her first time out at the LSO Shack!
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

Anna M. Wood

Boeing F/A-18, Strike Fighter Squadron VFA-106, Gladiators departing Naval Air Facility El Centro.

Scott Youmans

Very nice Anna!  We don't see that angle often.  What were you shooting with on this one?
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Anna M. Wood

Thank you Scott   ;D

I had my Tamron for this photo call.  EXIF shows 182mm, f8, iso 200, at 1/1000.  Small amount of crop for centering and aspect ratio (16:9).  He was still pretty close in when I took this.

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

Scott Youmans

You and the Tamron did a great job.  I haven't shot with mine lately but I was getting good results at Sky Harbor a month or so ago.  Those sound like good settings. As you did in this case I normally shoot at f/8 with that lens and the 100-400.  Maybe when we get more T-storm activity again I'll venture out of the air conditioning!
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Anna M. Wood

Thank you Matt....    :)

Scott, I hear you on getting out to shoot.  I have been a wimp with this hot weather and the mugginess of monsoon season.  To easy to stay in where it is cool.   ;)

Anna M. Wood

Strike Fighter Squadron VFA-106, Gladiators arriving Naval Air Facility El Centro.

MuseumAndy

Anna that departing shot of the F-18 is exquisite! I love how you can see all the smudges on the wing.  As Scott pointed out it is not an angle that we often see!

Anna M. Wood

Thank you Andy....   The F-18 could sure use a bath.