Started by Jay Beckman, November 13, 2012, 05:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

SUPERSONIC SNOW GLOBE

A lot of this trip for me was getting second chances at shots I was dissatisfied with on our first trip out there back in 2010.  This is one of those shots, with the tower framed in the canopy of a Viper.  Really wishing the pilot was more animated on this one, as it was the best "snow globe" shot I have from this trip.  Guess there's always next time . . .
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

This whole group of photos from Tucson are outstanding. I'm just glad to be associated with you guy, great work!

Dave S.

Visiting from Luke AFB up near Phoenix, this guy was doing low approaches at TIA.  The airframe was delivered the same year as the (now retired) Space Shuttle Discovery, and she's still flying strong.

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

GREEN-EYED VIPER

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Good example of a successful breaking of the "rule" that says to have more space in the direction the aircraft is headed.  Jay had an excellent example of this farther back in this thread.  Great shots.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

I had a different, more universal photographic rule in mind when I edited this shot.   ;D

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

"TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATION OF THEIR WOMEN . . . "

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Quote from: F-16_fixer on November 15, 2012, 05:56:05 PM
Who Does Number 2 Work For?

I was just thinking about that scene this morning. Too funny.

And great pics all around.

Jay, you somehow managed to take what I'm guessing was harsh light on some of your shots, and make it really work for you. Real nice.

S.C.

scottcolbath

Quote from: Joe Copalman on November 20, 2012, 08:29:23 PM
"TO CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND TO HEAR THE LAMENTATION OF THEIR WOMEN . . . "

Aaaaand, now I need to put Conan AND Austin Powers on my Netflix queue.  8)

S.C.

Joe Copalman

Quote from: scottcolbath on November 21, 2012, 01:40:37 PM
Aaaaand, now I need to put Conan AND Austin Powers on my Netflix queue.  8)

S.C.

YES!  THAT IS GOOOOD!

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Gary Wetzel

Quote from: Joe Copalman on November 20, 2012, 08:29:23 PM
[

Whoever said a quote from Conan the Barbarian would never be fitting for a military aviation photograph has just been proven wrong...

Joe Copalman

Ha!  It was actually a Viper-driver who dropped that quote a while back at Luke.  I can't recall exactly what he said, but it had something to do with the Juvats in Korea.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ