El Centro Photocall - October 24th, 2012

Started by Joe Copalman, October 25, 2012, 01:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Jeff Welker on November 07, 2012, 07:26:52 AM
Joe - the late afternoon launch of that pair of Silver Eagles (which included this one) were my favorite photo ops of the trip. They had a world of pain under each wing and rolled into the best golden light of the day. Catching the full AB and jello air so well is the cherry on top. Great image  ;D

Thanks, Jeff.  It's one of my personal favorites from the trip, for all the reasons you spelled out. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

CANNED WHOOPASS

Being kind of an ordnance geek, this last trip was heaven for me.  Unguided rockets seem to have fallen out of common use with the exception of units tasked with Forward Air Control, so seeing a VMFA-115 bird (not a FAC-tasked squadron) carrying two pods of 5" Zuni rockets was a very rare sight.  Wish I would have been there in the morning to catch the early departures with the napalm and the CBUs, but catching all the aircraft with rocket pods in that golden light more than made up for it.

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

trmphoto

Preparing To Launch

Joe - it was very cool to see all those aircraft departing with live ordinance.  Was definitely a unique experience for me.

FelipeG

Quote from: Jeff Welker on November 05, 2012, 07:54:33 AM
(maybe they have learning disabilities or were abused as children).

I think that what did it for me was slipping on a wet floor and sliding on it until my head hit a wall, I was 9 when that happened and a few things have been fuzzy ever since.

Joe,
I love that photo with the rocket pod. I don't think I've ever seen pods on anything other than an A-10 or an IA58, it adds a nice touch to the planes.

DPAOchief

Just wanted you guys to know that the images here are VERY impressive. Looks like you guys got some great shots!
I am surrounded by people of immense talent.

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Chris V

Jeff D. Welker

Thanks Chris, I think it looks much better than the color version. You should never encourage a monochrome addict like me ;D

INTO THE CHROME
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Joe, check out the position of the left main tire on your post and compare it to my shot of the same aircraft on page 6.  That's what I call split-second timing!  We were obviously in different spots along the runway.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ