Tucson International Airport (TUS, KTUS)

Started by Matt Ottosen, September 02, 2009, 06:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jslugman

Quote from: Jay Beckman on August 25, 2011, 06:06:56 PM
I recall the UAE birds sported a different style that didn't (outwardly) appear to have any gimbal action to them but I would think the one in Ned's shot could be FOD'd quite easily if the front element were not caged.

But I'm probably wrong...

The UAE pods are based on the Sniper design and have that weird angled 2-piece design. My understanding is that the LANTIRN/LITENING pods are supposed to be "stowed" while not in use to minimize damage to the protective front element.
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

bilwor

Signaling a left turn. Beech C99 Commuter N7200Z Ameriflight - UPS
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Jay Beckman

That pilot's probably saying "I can't get out of this damn airplane fast enough..."
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Chris Janes

MD-80 landing on Runway 21

A rare Runway 3 departure. Southwest 737.

bilwor

Now that is really smoking the brakes.............. 8) Great shots Thunderbird Fan
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Chris Janes

QuoteNow that is really smoking the brakes.............. Cool Great shots Thunderbird Fan

Thank you.. I almost walked away from the Southwest shot... I was surprised to see the MD-80 land on 21 the wind was pushing 10kts on the tail and those birds don't like anything more than that... I can tell you the passengers knew they arrived.. :D

Ned Harris

Beechcraft AT-6C departing TIA this morning with large weapon on left wing hard point. Does anybody recognize this?

_92W8952 AT-6C  (N610AT) by Ned Harris, on Flickr
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

walt thomas

An AT-6C returns to TIA after munitions tests at B. Goldwater range, 10-04-11, Walt Thomas

Canon EOS 7D - _MG_5043-72cs4 by photosbywalt2, on Flickr

walt thomas

A second AT-6C returning to TIA after munitions tests at B.Goldwater range, 10-04-11, Walt Thomas

Canon EOS 7D - _MG_5062-72 cs4 by photosbywalt2, on Flickr