News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Nikon ahead of Canon again - D600 full frame DSLR

Started by Chris Kennedy, September 12, 2012, 09:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Youmans

Nice!  It compares quite closely to the EOS-5D Mark III for a lot less money.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

FelipeG

I wonder if it's the same sensor as the D3X, since it's also a 24MP (and I presume Nikon has already recovered the cost of R&D).

I'm in no rush to buy a FF body right now (since I recently got a used 1Ds), however, unless Canon reacts quickly (or unveils the 6D, which is either the best kept secret of the year or the most ignored rumor), I think that it will represent a threat to Canon, just because it's about $100 more than a 5D2 (which can only shoot 3.9 fps), and obviously much newer. If I only had my Rebel, I'd probably be looking into getting a D600 instead of a Canon (I must admit, the only thing that kept me from buying a D7000 instead of a 7D was the fact that I already had the 28-135 and was looking into a 70-200 f4, for which there was no Nikon version).

I'm not sure if it will have some of the features of the 5D3 (which I hear, has amazing high-ISO performance), however, it's definitely a step up in functionality from the 5D2, and it shoots video too (I thought that was going to be one of the first things to get removed).

Paul Dumm

Kind of priceie. Just over $2,000. And it does not have much going for it.  24.3Megs  5.5FPS  100-6400ISO Full HD.
If it shot at 10+FPS and was about $1500. I would say go if it. Save your money and get an D800.
Just MHO  ;)
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."