Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX, KPHX)

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 15, 2009, 09:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Dinsdale

July, for many reasons, is always a good month for me. Baseball, fireworks, 4th of July, and my birthday to name just a few things.  This year Annie (for those that don't know she is my girlfriend) got me an Xbox One for my birthday.  Not only did she lose her boyfriend that day, but I have not been as active editing/posting/taking photos since that time.  As of Tuesday of this past week I became unemployed.  So I am now getting the opportunity to edit and look through photos I have taken the last couple months.

This was taken on July 1st from 40th St..  The storm seemed to fizzle out as it approached the downtown area, but left Matt and I some amazing clouds as a backdrop. 

Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"

Ross Dinsdale

Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Ross Dinsdale

Thanks Matt.  I particularly like how this image turned out as well.  I have a couple more frames to edit of the same framing, but the clouds are slightly different in each before I decide on a favorite. This image just so happened to be the first one I edited.
Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada

Matt Ottosen

From last week's photo shoot for Luxury Auto Collection of Scottsdale, at Swift Aviation.

Cessna Citation 750 X
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Ross Dinsdale

Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada

Tower Guy

This is a terrific shot Ross, great aviation and city scape and color.

Anna M. Wood

Great to see you putting the 1D and 100-400 to good use.

Ross Dinsdale

Harvey thank you again.  I shoot this scene several times during every visit to 40th St. I believe it is one of the more iconic Phoenix skyline shots to be had. 

Anna, I am definitely putting it through its paces on almost daily level.  It shows its age in certain situations, but I usually have my t2i in my bag in case I want some extra reach or the light starts to fade.  Most of the panning shots I've captured has been with the 1Ds 100-400 combo.  Heavier set up, but greater balance to allow me to crank it down reeeeeeeeel slow.

Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada