Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX, KPHX)

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 15, 2009, 09:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

mrblujet

I never did like that United paint job - it made the aircraft look dirty before they had the chance to get dirty.

Ugh !

Jay Beckman

Almost looks as if they grafted in a panel with the usual 1L in place of a cargo door...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Paul Dumm

Back out at Sky Harbor (@ 40 st. darn I whis I had my Jeep)

Taken Photos when the wind is blowing and a lot of dust in the air sucks.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Scott Youmans

Notice anything unusual?  Taken November 1978.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Matt Ottosen

Hendrick Motorsports
Saab 2000

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

Scott Youmans

The Honeywell 757 is tentatively scheduled to fly early next week.  I might try to get some shots of the take-off depending on the weather and how busy I am at work.  What level of the parking garage has turned out to work best?
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Rob Silliman

Quote from: Scott Youmans on October 04, 2011, 08:00:27 PM
The Honeywell 757 is tentatively scheduled to fly early next week.  I might try to get some shots of the take-off depending on the weather and how busy I am at work.  What level of the parking garage has turned out to work best?

I have had good luck from Level 8 of the Terminal 4 parking garage - http://tinyurl.com/6fjp78n

You can track it on FlightAware (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N757HW) but often it will depart PHX under VFR (no flight tracking) and the first track notice you get will be when it files a flight plan to come back in and land.

Brian Lockett

Quote from: Scott Youmans on October 04, 2011, 08:00:27 PM

If it takes off from Runway 08, the second level of the Terminal 2 parking structure is a good place.  Here's a shot I got from there:

Paul Dumm

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Rob Silliman

Evergreen 747 leaving Sky Harbor for the short hop back to Marana.

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ