Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX, KPHX)

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 15, 2009, 09:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tower Guy

Very nice shot Anna, great pan shot in low light.

Anna M. Wood

Thank you Kasper and Harvey.

What is it that Jeff and Jay say about blind squirrels finding a nut every once in a while...  This was one of those moments.   ;D

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Anna M. Wood

Thank you Scott...  More luck than skill on this one.

Anna M. Wood

Mike Margolis

"Could be worse... Could be raining."

Anna M. Wood

Scott Youmans

Anna, I'm guessing that was taken with the 200-400mm.  Whatever the case it's an outstanding image and of course it takes more than just a good lens!  Well done.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Anna M. Wood

Scott, the Ameriflight pan shot, the Fedex MD10 and the United Airbus are with the Canon 200-400mm with Extender.

The lens is fantastic.  Even with it being heavy I seem to be able to work it pretty well handheld.  The ergonomics are good for even my small hands.  Better then the Tamron for me.

I have an album of shots with it on my Flickr account.  Some more with that lens.

---------------------------------------------------

American Airlines, McDonnell Douglas MD-82, N472AA

Southwest Departure

United, Airbus A320-232, N422UA

Scott Youmans

Anna, I'm almost afraid to try it!  One thing about the Tamrons and Nikons is that the zoom rings turn backwards relative to the Canon zooms and I've never gotten used to it.  The only thing keeping me from buying that lens is $11,799.00 and my desire to remain married!  The rental option is viable once in a while though.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Scott Youmans on July 06, 2014, 08:40:29 AM
Anna, I'm almost afraid to try it!  One thing about the Tamrons and Nikons is that the zoom rings turn backwards relative to the Canon zooms and I've never gotten used to it.  The only thing keeping me from buying that lens is $11,799.00 and my desire to remain married!  The rental option is viable once in a while though.

You WILL want to buy one after using it.  Will cause you consider the merits of divorce.   ;D :P

On renting....  I went through LensRentals.com   Decent rates, they have a good insurance option, they did not put a huge credit hold on my credit card.  I will be using them again in the future.

Scott Youmans

Anna, good info on LensRentals, I've heard good things about them including their reviews.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved