News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX, KPHX)

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 15, 2009, 09:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D. Welker

^^^^^ Very nice work on the Convair Scott. Those big machete-like props are something else.

I also like that last image of the company 757. I know there was no chance it was raining when it took off, but that white skin sure glistens like it is wet. Nice composition with the company logo on the building - not bad young man  ;)
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Scott Youmans

Thanks on all counts Jeff, including the illusionary young man comment. At 58 I'll accept any misconceptions that lead one to believe I'm younger than I am.  In regard to the 757, it just came out of a C Check with new paint.  Same paint scheme but it does look a bit spiffier.

The Convair 580 ride was great, mainly for reasons of nostalgia.  It was pretty cool playing chicken with the Estrellas.  Bumpy, I've gotten used to that.  I loved the Frontier 580s as a kid but never got to fly on one.  I did walk through one once thanks to a kind Frontier Airlines employee who must have sensed that my buddies and I would really like to get up close to the beast.  I'm pretty sure this photo got posted before but for continuity here it is again.  Circa 1968.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Jay Beckman

Quote from: Scott Youmans on May 23, 2014, 04:40:59 PM
Honeywell Convair 580 crew demonstrating the Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS).  It worked!  Estrella Mountains just ahead.

Perfect exposure balance between inside and outside...

Anyone else want to turn this into the aviation comic where the pilots ask "What's a mountain goat doing up here in the clouds?"  :D
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Scott Youmans

Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Anna M. Wood

Jello in the tree tops

The Fedex Airbus sneaked up on us from the north side.  An opportunity for a good shot while taxing to the cargo ramp.

Anna M. Wood

Jonathan Navarro

An amazing sunset today as seen from the terminal 4 garage... :)
VALLEY OF THE SUN by Jonathan Navarro, on Flickr

Jonathan Navarro

Tower Guy

Jonathan your sunset shot with the tower and city is outstanding, very nice capture.

Jonathan Navarro

Quote from: Tower Guy on May 30, 2014, 12:11:30 AM
Jonathan your sunset shot with the tower and city is outstanding, very nice capture.
Thank you :)

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Tower Guy

Very nice shot Chis, glad to see you posting again.

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.