Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX, KPHX)

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 15, 2009, 09:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave S.

Some more shots from today's late afternoon effort.  Was hoping to catch the British Airways 747 right around sunset, but it didn't arrive until well after sunset - nowhere near enough light to get a shot.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Dave S.

Found another one from today that I like.
www.roxphotography.com

Stephen Marshall

Took this last year from Tempe Butte, or "A" Mountain.

-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.

Dave S.

Stephen, nice shot from 'A' Mountain.  What kind of lens did you use for that shot?

Here are some shots from early today, hoping to catch some vapor; a combo of cool temps and high(er) humidity levels.  As you can see - nothing at all like what they get for vapor in Portland or Anchorage.
www.roxphotography.com

Stephen Marshall

Thanks!!

The lens is a Tamron 75-300 el-cheapo lens. It gets the job done but It's usually pretty soft, lacks contrast and I generally don't like it, however it has some amazing sweet spots. For example: The photo of the Air Evac Aerospatiale AS-350 I took thats in the Willie thread.

Jay Beckman

Hmmm....

If you're able to get that with an effective focal length of 420mm, I need to drag my 40D/300/2X combo (effective 960mm) up there some evening!
Guess I never realized you have that clear a view of Sky Harbor from up there.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Stephen Marshall

It really is quite nice up there. Bit of a hike, especially with gear but its worth it. I have been meaning to get back up there to capture more of the airport however, may make that trip sometime this semester.

redsox223

From last night

I swear this isnt SFO with United's landing and taking off, plus the water.

Joe Copalman

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Paul Dumm

First time out at Sky Harbor with a camera
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Paul Dumm

Now that is a lot of smoke.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

redsox223

Pilot: "Looks like its going to be a few minutes"