News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Looking at buying new (camera) body

Started by bilwor, June 23, 2012, 12:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bilwor

I would like to get your opinions about a new body.  I now shoot a 40d. The 2 I am looking at currently are 60d and Rebel T4i. The 50d has been discontinued by Canon. Any thoughts?
thanks,
bill word
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Paul Dumm

I hope your talking about a camera. If not go young and fit. Some thing with a lot of years left in it.  ;D
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

bilwor

If I could get a new body it might not be as good as the old one. SO I will go with a new camera body. Thanks Paul for pointing out a flaw in my posting subject.
bill
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Chris Kennedy

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Paul Dumm

Just trying to make a Saturday afternoon Fun that's all.   ;D
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

bilwor

bill word
Tucson, AZ

Paul Dumm

Jay Beckman

Spend a little time with the manual Bill.  The AF system on the 7D is pretty flexible and can be set up several different ways.

Enjoy your new photon harvester!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

bilwor

Thanks, Paul & Jay. I hope tp get lots of use out of it.
bill
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Chris Kennedy

I've decided to order a 7D too.

What is the best AF setup for moving aircraft?

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

bilwor

Chris, I have had mine only a week but what I am starting out with is:
C.Fn III-6 AF Point Expansion with point in the center
AL Servo
C.Fn III-4 Lens Drive when AF impossible : 1-OFF (to prevent focus hunt)

All the rest are the factory default settings. As I get more experience with it I will make adjustments only if needed. Ned and Barry both have 7ds, maybe they have some suggestions for the both of us.

bill word
bill word
Tucson, AZ

FelipeG

I have centerpoint and servo.

The best thing about the 7D is the C1 C2 and C3 settings in the dial, so I have my C3 set up for night shots with AI Focus, single shot, 2 sec timer and I disabled the halfway shutter focus activation (only does AE) and moved the AF to the AF-ON button.

bilwor

bill word
Tucson, AZ

Chris Kennedy

Good info so far guys. I should have mine on Friday.
Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ