Started by Joe Copalman, June 15, 2009, 08:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Jeff D. Welker

In anticipation of the fall 2017 breakfast fly-ins beginning in October I offer an image of "Mr. Big Props" from 2016.  I love the ginormous propellers on this airplane.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Dave S.

A quick BTS screenshot from his upcoming debut documentary/tutorial on how to caress those sweet Fine Art images from the analog Hassi...

(or just a cellphone shot of Jeff metering the wrong end of the DC-7 icon at Coolidge this morning,

or

Maybe he's lost the last few of his remaining marbles and he's trying to interview the plane, mistaking his light meter for a microphone while trying to shoot video on the Hassi?)

All kidding aside, I'm looking forward to seeing how his image turns out.  Just like in the good ole film days, no instant, digital gratification, but I'm sure the wait will be worth it.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Dave S. on November 04, 2017, 02:17:30 PM
A quick BTS screenshot from his upcoming debut documentary/tutorial on how to caress those sweet Fine Art images from the analog Hassi...

(or just a cellphone shot of Jeff metering the wrong end of the DC-7 icon at Coolidge this morning,

or

Maybe he's lost the last few of his remaining marbles and he's trying to interview the plane, mistaking his light meter for a microphone while trying to shoot video on the Hassi?)

All kidding aside, I'm looking forward to seeing how his image turns out.  Just like in the good ole film days, no instant, digital gratification, but I'm sure the wait will be worth it.

Well now; I woke up a 04:00 and (on a whim) decided to make a drive to Coolidge and take an image that has been in my head of the full moon setting with a lone airplane on the ramp.  Not only was the full moon obscured by the heavy overcast, the lone airplane (Skyvan) was facing the wrong direction.  Oh well, it was a nice drive and I had a terrific conversation with Dave - whom I hadn't anticipated seeing there before sunrise.  I figured if I was going to drive all that way, I'd take a couple of photos of the venerable DC-7 and (thanks to Dave) got a couple of shots of the full moon making a brief appearance under the wing of the DC-7 and moments before it set.  Got home in time to get working on the "honey-do" list the lovely Mrs. Welker had waiting for me.  As Dave noted, not sure if any of the four photos will be "worth it", but I won't know until I finish the roll.  I'm also hoping my reciprocity failure calculations were correct.  A few more steps before I get to see an image or two.  No chimping with the Hasselblad 501CM  ;)
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Dave S.

A few images from last Saturday's gloomy skied pancake fly-in.  The sun did manage to peek out from behind the clouds a couple of times, but not many.
www.roxphotography.com

Joe Copalman

Lookitchyou all out and about!  Good to see you pointing your lens at flying things!
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Dave S. on November 04, 2017, 02:17:30 PM

or

Here is how the image turned out.  I miscalculated my light reading and over exposed the image.  I think I like the "high key" look, but that just might be my vanity trying to dodge the fact that I blew the shot.  I'll blame my poor meter reading to the unexpected overcast, but that is just an excuse.  Oh well, its just a single negative and I'll be back.

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Dave S.

It's got that 'Dreamy' feel to it.  How'd that shot with the moon turnout?
www.roxphotography.com

Joe Copalman

COOLIDGE TOWER

For just over an hour back in May, Coolidge was a controlled airfield, with a card-carrying FAA tower controller managing traffic in and out of the airfield.  A big dumpster next to the infield port-a-johns was his tower.  (If only that light had held for when the aircraft showed up - GAH!).
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

trmphoto

trmphoto

trmphoto

Ross Dinsdale

Excellent servo of images Tom. That PT-22 shot is super rad.
Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"

trmphoto

Quote from: Ross Dinsdale on December 03, 2017, 10:36:40 AM
Excellent servo of images Tom. That PT-22 shot is super rad.
Thanks Ross. 

1946 Taylorcraft

Anna M. Wood

Great set of images from Coolidge Tom....