News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Magazines

Started by Matt Ottosen, August 19, 2009, 05:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff D. Welker

Well done David. Terrific work on an athletic event I did not know even occurred in AZ.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Dave S.

Anna and Jeff - thanks.

The event is only three years old and not widely known, but it has made it on the radar of the small world of Open Water Swimming.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

azspyder

Congrats Dave! Regardless, aviation or not, your work is being recognized.

azspyder

Quote from: Tower Guy on October 02, 2014, 07:56:39 AM
Well deserved Steve, your photography just keeps getting better and I'm sure there will be more in the future for you also. Congrats!

Thanks for the wonderfully kind words Harvey!

azspyder

Chris V

Small shoot I did for a friend has been published in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords. Clearly non aviation  ;D

http://www.mustangandfords.com/girls/1410-babe-of-the-month-october-2014-emily-oney/?sm_id=social_20141006_32770346

Jeff D. Welker

Congrats Chris and well done. Tell me again, why were your images published in a car magazine? I am having trouble seeing any Muscle Mustangs or Fast Fords  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Chris V

Thanks Jeff. The model seems to be taking a beating in the comments section on the magazines Facebook page but what can you expect with all the trolls out there. Oh well its to be expected I guess  ;)

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Chris V on October 06, 2014, 02:52:04 PM
Thanks Jeff. The model seems to be taking a beating in the comments section on the magazines Facebook page but what can you expect with all the trolls out there. Oh well its to be expected I guess  ;)

I don't know why she would be taking a beating - she is definitely a looker. In photo editing terms, I might call her a "distracting element"  ;)

That being said, she represents a fringe benefit that I imagine all hot rodders hope to enjoy after they finish their car. I know I had those hopes  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

azspyder

Quote from: Chris V on October 06, 2014, 07:09:32 AM
Small shoot I did for a friend has been published in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords. Clearly non aviation  ;D

http://www.mustangandfords.com/girls/1410-babe-of-the-month-october-2014-emily-oney/?sm_id=social_20141006_32770346

Chris,

Great work. I wonder how many men see the car first?

Congrats!

Dave S.

Chris,

Nice work!  A little cross-training in the subject matter, very cool.

- Dave

www.roxphotography.com

Jeff D. Welker

I am very pleased to have a photograph I took at NAFEC grace the cover of the "Navy Southwest Region Guide To Installations". It was interesting working with the printer and seeing the final decisions they made on crop, framing, orientation (it was reversed), and color balance. I am honored to have one of my images chosen for this Navy publication.

A big thank you to NAFEC PAO Kris Haugh for sending me a few copies so I can feed my vanity  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Dave S.

Jeffe,

Congrats on the publication.  Interesting that they mirrored the image, but it does give it the 'correct' sense of directional flow for a pub.

- Dave
www.roxphotography.com

Joe Copalman

Awesome, glad to see this finally moved forward.  Now if we could just get that NEX grand reopening thing nailed down . . .
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: Jeff D. Welker on October 13, 2014, 08:31:52 AM
I am very pleased to have a photograph I took at NAFEC grace the cover of the "Navy Southwest Region Guide To Installations". It was interesting working with the printer and seeing the final decisions they made on crop, framing, orientation (it was reversed), and color balance. I am honored to have one of my images chosen for this Navy publication.

A big thank you to NAFEC PAO Kris Haugh for sending me a few copies so I can feed my vanity  ;D

Congratulations Jeff... Nicely done.