News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

High Country Warbirds Fly-In, Valle Airport, June 23rd

Started by Joe Copalman, April 09, 2012, 11:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

Scheduled, but no announcement of what aircraft will be present.  I'm guessing the usual suspects, plus one or two non-Mustangs from Chino.

Looking forward to coming home with a devastatingly-low keeper rate as always.

http://planesoffame.org/index.php?mact=pof_evts,cntnt01,default,0&cntnt01what=pofev&cntnt01alias=Valle-Fly-in&cntnt01returnid=125
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Why so few keepers, Joe?

I had a great time last year, combining an epic ride on the motorcycle with the fly-in. I'll have to repeat the process this year.

S.C.

Joe Copalman

Quote from: scottcolbath on April 25, 2012, 01:31:11 PM
Why so few keepers, Joe?

Everything flies really fast and at a relatively close offset to the crowdline.  Just a real panning workout, especially if you're trying to get any appreciable prop blur.  Still a ton of fun, wish I could make it this year.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

JD Costner

I made it out there but I didn't see anyone I know there. Was I the only one that made it? No P38, P40 or Corsair.
Jeff Costner Arizona Wide Open Chino Valley, AZ

Jay Beckman

Based on last year's experience and this year's forecast, I opted out...

Sorry the Lighting didn't make it.  What did fly?
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Brian Lockett

Kaspar, Ned, and I were there.  They flew Wee Willy II, Dolly (formerly Spam Can), Ford Trimotor, replica Val, SNJ, BT-13, T-28, T-34, Yak-52, and a pair of Cessna 190s.
It was very windy.  

Brian Lockett

North American P-51D Mustang NL5441V Dolly has belonged to the Planes of Fame Air Museum since June 1957. It flew for the Army Air Force as 45-11582.  It was formerly flown as Spam Can with tail number 45-11582. Now it carries tail number 44-72861.

Brian Lockett

North American P-51D Mustang NL7715C Wee Willy II is owned by Steve Hinton and registered NL7715C.

Brian Lockett

Ryan ST3KR N56017 was built in 1942. It is restored as a US Army Air Corps PT-22.

North American SNJ-4 Texan N75964 #44 was manufactured in 1943. Its construction number is 88-9830.

Cessna 195 N195P

Yakovlev Yak-52, 2255C

Vultee BT-13A Vibrator N2808

Cessna 190 N9848A

Grand Canyon Airlines Ford 5-AT-C Trimotor N414H was built in 1929. Its serial number is 74 and it is the 155th of 199 Trimotors. It made one flight in the morning. It taxied out for a second flight, but the wind was blowing too hard.

bilwor

Really good set of photos Brian, I especially like the shot of the Vibrator. You don't see those around a lot.
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Brian Lockett

Quote from: bilwor on June 24, 2012, 04:44:27 PM
Really good set of photos Brian, I especially like the shot of the Vibrator. You don't see those around a lot.

Thanks Bill!  It's a nice fly-in to shoot at.  I have only photographed three or four stock BT-13s.  I think I have more Toro Tora Tora Vals than stock BT-13s.

Ned Harris

Kaspar and Brian: Great shooting with you at Valle. Your images are great and a tough act to follow.
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Ned Harris

Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona