NAF El Centro - March 10th, 2012

Started by Joe Copalman, February 13, 2012, 12:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Copalman

http://mwrtoday.com/elcentroairshow/

Blue Angels, Super Hornet Demo, C-2, Fallon SAR demo, Leap Frogs, Bill Cornick vs. Spencer Suderman, and a bunch of other good stuff.

NOTE TO THOSE TRAVELLING TO EL CENTRO EARLY FOR ARRIVALS/PRACTICE: NAFEC AND LOCAL POLICE WILL BE ENFORCING CLOSURE OF THE ROADS OUTSIDE THE BASE THAT FALL WITHIN THE FAA-DESIGNATED AEROBATIC BOX EFFECTIVE ON THE MORNING OF THURSDAY, MARCH 8TH.  THIS MEANS THAT PHOTOGRAPHING ARRIVALS AND THE PRACTICE SHOW FROM THE HAYBALES OR THE FARM FIELD WILL NOT BE PERMITTED. 

Please respect this restriction.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Further elaboration on the off-base shut-down in the days preceding the airshow.  If you are planning on heading out early, please make sure you adhere to the following.  Message from Michelle follows:

Wednesday, March 7th through Saturday, March 10th, photography of NAF El Centro at the hay bales will be prohibited and strictly enforced by the Imperial County Sheriff's Department. The aerobatic box must be sterile from March 7 - March 10 (inclusive) and in order to accomplish that, the hay bales (which lie inside the box) must be closed. We appreciate your support in not shooting from the hay bales at Silsbee and Aten Roads as any incursion into this area will immediately shut down our practices/show.

We have a great relationship with the aviation photography community and hope that you will assist us in this endeavor to allow us to prepare for and present a great air show.

V/r -

Michelle R. Dee
NAF El Centro
Public Affairs Officer/Air Show Director
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Lynn Evans

Lynn Evans

Lynn Evans

Pair of Angels
Number seven flying in place of number five who had a malfunction while warming up.
Lynn Evans