Started by Dave S., June 14, 2009, 01:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

dhmoody356

and three more

dhmoody356

last ones

Dave S.

Such a variety of aircraft to see during the week: vintage (or replicas of), warbirds and even some helos.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

BillOz

Great stuff guys.  Hope there's more to come.  Sure makes me motivated to get back there, soon.  I haven't been since '95.  Man how time flys.  Seems like this was a very good year.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

dhmoody356

This year's Oshkosh was my 44th (starting in Rockford, IL in 1963) and had to be the best weather ever with daily high temps in the upper 70s-low80s.  Except for the rain on Thursday it couldn't have been better.  It can be hotter than hades with humidity along with it so don't count on it being this nice every time............Dale

Jay Beckman

Quote from: Dave S. on August 06, 2009, 09:52:31 PM
Such a variety of aircraft to see during the week: vintage (or replicas of), warbirds and even some helos.

Love the Grosvenor House shot Dave!  You obviously hit parts of the grounds far earlier than I managed to.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Dave S.

Jay,

Thanks for the compliment.  I was usually pulling into the parking lot (the Red lot) right at 6:00 each morning and not getting back to the house until 7:00/8:00 at night.

Funny thing about that shot of the Comet.  I had spent quite a bit of time trying to get a nice 'Jay'-like shot.  In the end, just didn't find anything that worked for me, but I did grab one or two composed of the whole plane.  I had a bit of a challenge trying to work with the backgrounds - I think I was pretty much challenged by the less the aesthetic backgrounds in most of my shots.  One of the many things I still need to learn about/improve on.

Dave
www.roxphotography.com

Jay Beckman

I think the Comet looks perfectly at home with the background as you shot it...

BTW, what's a "Jay-like Shot" ?  Should I be looking for a patent attorney?   ;D
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jay Beckman

A couple more:

"Guardian"

"More Filly Than Mustang"

"Elvis Is Definately In The Building"

"A Very Rare Breed"
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Matt Ottosen

Jay, awesome shot of the CAF's Red Tail, the P-51C Tuskegee Airmen!

In May 2004, the P-51C Tuskegee Airmen suffered a catastrophic engine failure near Red Wing,
Minnesota. The resulting accident claimed the life of the project's leader and pilot Don Hinz. In the
years following the devastating accident, the CAF Red Tail Project volunteers have worked tirelessly to
honor Hinz's memory by restoring the project that he helped to create. The return of the P-51C
Tuskegee Airmen to the skies is a product of the dedication of many CAF members, volunteers and
worldwide financial supporters.

Five years and over $1,000,000 later she's back in the air!
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Jay Beckman

Thanks Matt...

And I might add, she's soooo pretty!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Dave S.

Jay,

My newly coined term of a 'Jay-like shot' is in reference to your skill at composing some great shots.  For example, your tail shot of the Ford Tri-motor titled, "Corrugations" or some of you shots from Stellar.

That last shot, "Guardian" - is he actually perched on his two batons that may occasionally be used for directing airplanes or keeping spectators "BEHIND the burn line, PLEASE!"?

Dave

www.roxphotography.com

Dave S.

Hoping we've not saturated this topic yet, but here are some more from the show...
www.roxphotography.com

Dave S.

...and before anyone can respond about my concern about saturating this topic, I'll throw some more on the board...

www.roxphotography.com

Matt Ottosen

Dave, awesome shots!  And, I don't think it's possible to saturate an aviation forum with Oshkosh photos!  KEEP 'EM COMING!!
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.