News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Airbus A380

Started by BillOz, July 19, 2009, 10:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillOz

For my 1st post here, how about something I just captured at LAX, a 50 ft. Kangaroo, after a 14 hr. "HOP"
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

Jay Beckman

Welcome!  Nice way to start.  Looking forward to seeing the A380 that will be at OSH.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Matt Ottosen

Nice shots Bill, Qantas has a great lookin' A380!  I really need to spend a day out at LAX!
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Joe Copalman

Awesome shots Bill!

Still a bit of a ridiculous airplane, but I'd love a chance to get shots of one sometime.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

BillOz

Thanks Guys,

LAX is quite a spot for airliners.  I must have seen 747's from 20 different airlines or cargo ops, along with A340's, B777's, B767's, B707's, MD11's, and all the smaller stuff as well.  There are some pretty good spots for photographing there.  Along with the well known In-N-Out burger, just a few dozen yds. off the runway centerline, where I met a German spotter, among the many photogs, to the various parking structures, which get you almost even in height with the incoming aircraft.  If the window of my room at the Westin would have opened, it would have been perfect, 12 stories up, facing the south set of runways.

At Oshkosh, it may even be open for a walk thru, at the very least a walk under and around.  Then you can really get a sense of the scale of this monster.

Bill
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

Joe Copalman

LAX has been on my list for a while.  There are a few guys on Flickr that post some awesome shots of heavies from all sorts of foreign carriers.  Looks like a chubby-chaser's dream out there.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Quote from: Joe Copalman on July 20, 2009, 09:13:47 PM
LAX has been on my list for a while.  There are a few guys on Flickr that post some awesome shots of heavies from all sorts of foreign carriers.  Looks like a chubby-chaser's dream out there.

ROFL...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Dave S.

Here are a few shots of the A380's first visit to LAX, back in March, 2007.  They had two planes simultaneously landing in the US; one in New York and the other in Los Angeles.
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Dave S.

These two shots show the interior of the test plane.  The blue items are water barrels used during flight testing.  The first image is on the lower of the two passenger decks.  Behind the white beverage service carts is an engineer's test station.  The second shot is of the upper passenger deck.  It's amazing how much duct work and wiring is underneath the surfaces.  Miles and miles...
www.roxphotography.com

Dave S.

On the way to the cockpit, someone with a sense of humor posted this license plate.  In the second shot, you might be able to make out the two external camera views on the pilot's PFD.  One view is from a belly mounted camera and the second from a camera mounted on the vertical tail.  It's hard to make out, but the registration of this aircraft is: F-WWOW.
www.roxphotography.com

Jay Beckman

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Dave S.

Jay,

Thanks.  The weather pretty much sucked (LA smog, overcast...), but it was a unique opportunity.

Dave
www.roxphotography.com

Jay Beckman

From Oshkosh 2009

Anticipation

On The Numbers

A Little Help

Climb Attitude

Still Growing Oshkosh Gallery at:
http://jcbeckman.zenfolio.com/p90868385
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Matt Ottosen

Awesome shots, Jay!  I hope to make Oshkosh one of these years, and to catch the A380 one day soon.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Dave S.

Jay,

NICE stuff you got there!  I'm still working on going through all of mine.

Was nice meeting up with you back there.  Looks like your return flight went well, nice to see.

I plan on posting some of my stuff just as soon as I get through all/some more...

Dave
www.roxphotography.com