Copperstate Fly-In October 20-22, 2011

Started by Chris Kennedy, September 21, 2011, 08:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Chris Kennedy

The Copperstate organizers have announced that the Privateer will fly at the event. (Didn't they announce last year that a DeHavilland Dove would be there?)

http://www.copperstate.org/csj/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=62&Itemid=113

Chris Kennedy
Peoria, AZ

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisk48/

Images posted may not be copied or reproduced without permission

Jeff D. Welker

For folks like myself, it would be helpful if the more experienced AzAP members would share their comments and suggestions for maximizing the Copperstate experience. For example, what type of access do photographers have to shoot arriving/departing aircraft? Due to runway orientation and static display areas, what time of day provides the best light (early or late)? Is one day of the event better than another for photography?

Any help would be sincerely appreciated. I missed last year's event in Kaspar Grande and was interested in making this one.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

redsox223

Jeff, I wish I could provide better details as the last time I went to this was two years ago. I will be there on friday, mainly because I am coming back from Boston for the weekend and am busy Saturday. Most of the planes should be in on Friday, but I believe that more events take place on Saturday, but on either day, there is usually a lot going on.

Any who, if anyone else is planning on being down their Friday, pay attention for a young lad in Redsox hat.

Dave S.

I  believe the CAF's birds are headed down to Casa Grande on Thursday.  Not sure which ones, what time or how many will be going, but I know they're trying to have lots of participation.

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

Brian Lockett

Stearman B75N1 N47964 (N2S-3 #964) taxies in as Nemesis NXT N42XT Relentless approaches for a photo pass.

Brian Lockett

Here's a few shots from Saturday:

Nemesis NXT N42XT Relentless was built in 2005. Its construction number is 004. It is powered by a Lycoming IO-720 flat eight engine.

Waco YMF replica N1935B was built in 1985. Its construction number is F5-001. It is powered by a Jacobs R755B radial engine.

FLS Microjet N60LC was built in 2010. It's design was derived from the Bede BD-5J. Its construction number is 2010701 . It is powered by a turbo-jet engine.

Skydive Arizona DeHavilland of Canada DHC-8 Twin Otter N128WJ was built in 1968. Its construction number is 128. It is powered by a pair of Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-60A turbo-prop engines.

Hawker-Beechcraft C90GTI King Air N903TT was built in 2008. Its construction number is LJ-1910. It is powered by a pair of Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-135A turbo-prop engines.

I have more photos of the Copperstate Fly-in on my web site at Air-and-Space.com