News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Introductions

Started by Joe Copalman, July 14, 2009, 07:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Ottosen

Mike, welcome to our little band of merry misfits, I'm looking forward to meeting you the next time I'm down that way!
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Mike Margolis

Thanks all y'all! I can't believe all the world class shots posted here! Where's the "Like" button?!?
"Could be worse... Could be raining."

scottcolbath

Welcome aboard Mike.

S.C.

azbill

Welcome Mike!
I travel statewide for work, occasionally getting down to Yuma. Look forward to meeting you!

Bill

Andrew Stemple

Welcome Mike!
Thanks for the kind offer of shade when in Yuma...it's certainly needed there. Looking forward to meeting you.

Andrew

René Hugtenburg

Good afternoon,

Although I am not an Arizona resident, I love your state and I try to visit it atleast once every two years.

I am living in the Netherlands, and have visited El Centro, Mesa-Gateway, Tucson, Davis-Monthan and
Luke AFB a couple of times in the last twenty years or so. Although my main interest is monitoring radio traffic,
I also love to take pictures, but that's nothing compared to the excellent work I see here.

If anyone is interested in exchanging radio frequencies or callsigns I am happy to comply.
I monitor Luke and Davis-Monthan traffic almost daily via several online radio's and from my
previous trips to Arizona, I have compiled a large database of frequencies in Arizona and Nevada.

If you are looking for any specific frequencies please don't hesitate to ask. I am a bit reluctant to
post my database on the Internet, but feel free to ask if you are looking for anything.

Hopefully I will be able to contribute to this forum in the future, best wishes from the Netherlands.

René Hugtenburg.

Jeff D. Welker

Welcome Rene. Please don't hesitate to post your images. We all continue to learn and improve.  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Andy Warycka

Howdy folks, long time listener, first time caller.

My name's Andy and I'm a photoholic. My dad stuck a camera in my hands when I was six or so, and in those intervening 30-some-odd years I've managed to stagger my way to a semi-decent career taking photographs and writing about photography after a stop to get my photo degree -- and with a lot of detours along the way.

I've also always been totally fascinated by planes and flight, though I've never really done much with it apart from learn about planes and flying. No courses, no pilot's license, nothing official. But when I was a kid living in the shadow of the C-5 Galaxies flying out of Stewart in Newburgh, NY I've gotten a kick out of the fact that these huge things can really go soaring through the air and I've tried to learn all about them.

I never really put these two things together until fairly recently, when I realized I was pretty lucky to live in an area where I have a couple of pretty awesome airports to choose from to go take photos, and so I started wandering out to try and get some images. When looking for some ideas on shooting tips and locations, I ran across this group and was highly impressed with what I read and saw. I hung around for a bit, reading the forum here and there for a while, before deciding you probably didn't bite (much) and I figured I'd sign up and say hi.

Apart from that stuff, I enjoy ham radio, I still play with cars (they've just gotten bigger), long walks in air conditioned places (five years in AZ and I'm finally sort of adapting to the heat), and of course photography of just about every discernible subject. I'm a Canon shooter, but I won't hold that against you Nikon fans -- I swore by Nikon film gear for years.  ;D

Anyway, if you'd like to check out my work, feel free to pop on over to my SmugMug gallery, http://slidewaysmedia.smugmug.com/, and have a look around. I'm looking forward to sharing with and learning from everyone here, and just generally having a good time while I'm at it. After all, that's what it's all about, right?  :)

Jeff D. Welker

Welcome aboard Andy. Good to have you part of the group.  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Scott Youmans

Welcome Andy! Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your photography.  I lived up near Saratoga Springs for a while during the early to mid 1990s although I'm an Arizona native.  I remember the C-5s at Stewart and Westover AFB in Mass.  For part of the time in that area I lived across the street from the Schenectady County Airport where the ski equipped LC-130s are based.  That whole Hudson Valley region is quite beautiful.
Scott C. Youmans
www.scyphoto.com
All Rights Reserved

Joe Copalman

Welcome Andy, glad to have you on-board!
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Matt Ottosen

Welcome Andy, it's good to have you aboard! BTW, watch out for Brother Welker, he does bite.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

azspyder

Welcome Andy, I used to pass through your old neck of the woods on the way to Lake George every summer growing up. I look forward to seeing your work.

Steve

Anna M. Wood

Welcome aboard Andy....  Looking forward to seeing your contributions to the group.

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Matt Ottosen on September 03, 2014, 08:33:07 PM
Welcome Andy, it's good to have you aboard! BTW, watch out for Brother Welker, he does bite.

Don't worry Andy, I've had my shots  ;)
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ