1974 - 2024

Main Menu

Before And After

Started by Jay Beckman, May 25, 2011, 05:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpasley

Very nice, the time you put into it really shows and was well worth it

Joe Copalman

Awesome work on the flags.  I didn't even consider taking a stab at cloning them out because "don't nobody got time fo'dat."

Huge difference on the white balance, you did a great job of killing the orange.  Bit of a green cast though, might want to give the tint slider a slight nudge toward the magenta end.  

Were you shooting AWB, or with the white balance set to Tungsten?  
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Matt Ottosen

Quote from: Chris Pasley on March 07, 2013, 11:06:45 PM
Very nice, the time you put into it really shows and was well worth it

Thanks Chris!

Quote from: Joe Copalman on March 07, 2013, 11:40:36 PM
Awesome work on the flags.  I didn't even consider taking a stab at cloning them out because "don't nobody got time fo'dat."

Huge difference on the white balance, you did a great job of killing the orange.  Bit of a green cast though, might want to give the tint slider a slight nudge toward the magenta end. 

Were you shooting AWB, or with the white balance set to Tungsten? 

Thanks Joe, I was shooting AWB.  I'll have to play around with this a bit more to see what I can do about the green cast.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Joe Copalman

I ran into the same problem with the green tint once I killed the orange cast.  Like I said, quick nudge toward magenta *should* be all you need.

On the input side, tungsten WB is pretty effective in minimizing the orange cast from sodium lights, giving you less adjustments to have to make to get the shot to look natural.

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jay Beckman

Nice job Matt.

If folks are curious about how best to neutralize a given color cast, consider the color wheel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_wheel

In short, to null out a given cast or acheive a desired color temp, apply the opposing color.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

phxtoad

QuoteNow the CAF simply needs to restore the artwork to MitS's nostril and all would be right with the world.

I'm curious what it will end up being looking like... Anyone know the plans?  I've been out of the loop.  Each side was unique.  There's no way in Hell I'm painting them again... :)

Todd
Todd Lawrence

Rank Amateur at just about everything.

Matt Ottosen

Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.

Jay Beckman

A little veternary medicine from Thursday evening in Oshkosh.
I can remember when I shot this, I jokingly asked one of the other shooters to go up front and square up the prop.
Since he didn't do it then, I did it in post...!

Before (SOOC)

After
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jay Beckman

Some "Fantasy Factory" work done with two of the Texas Flying Legends aircraft at Oshkosh...

SOOC

Lone Wolf

- Cut, Rotate, Enlarge, Reposition and Paste The Zero
- Enhance the Clouds
- Selective Dodge on the B-25
- "Pano" crop

Basically took advantage of the fact that the B-25 was in an aggressive climb and by moving the Zeke into a more menacing position, I was able to give this an "in trail" feel.

Comments Welcome...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jeff D. Welker

Absolutely killer work in post Jay. While some folks might have issue with the "fantasy" modifications, I think they are great and you have not tried to hide the fact that this is a "fantasy" image. The work on the 51's prop is tremendous. I can't imagine all the meticulous steps and layers you had to work through in CC to make this adjustment - great work. Now, all you need to do is write a detailed blog post on how you accomplished the prop fix and those of us with lesser skills would be in you debt  ;D
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

Quote from: Jay Beckman on August 20, 2013, 12:21:32 AM
A little veternary medicine from Thursday evening in Oshkosh.
I can remember when I shot this, I jokingly asked one of the other shooters to go up front and square up the prop.
Since he didn't do it then, I did it in post...!

Sweet fancy Moses, you even realigned the reflections of the props in the canopies!  Seriously awesome work/sorcery/brujeria.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jeff D. Welker

I wanted to try and use a composite image to help me achieve a very specific look of motion on the ramp at Sky Harbor. I took the two images below and "aligned" them in Photoshop (can also be done in Elements) and then used a few gradient masks to blend and paint the motion where I wanted it and at the opacity desired. While I'm not 100% satisfied, I feel like I'm getting close. C&C welcome.

The result...

NIGHT MOVES v.3
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Tower Guy

Really like the effect on this last one Jeff, it appears that he has some terrific brakes and he knows how to use them. ;D

Jay Beckman

That has to be 'shopped 'cause no plane gets to the gate that fast at Sky Harbor!  :D

(Nicely Blended.  Mebbe clean up the jetway cab just a little?  Looks like it was moving in the static jet version but still in the moving jet frame?)
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Jeff D. Welker

Quote from: Tower Guy on September 07, 2013, 03:38:52 PM
Really like the effect on this last one Jeff, it appears that he has some terrific brakes and he knows how to use them. ;D

Quote from: Jay Beckman on September 08, 2013, 02:45:24 PM
That has to be 'shopped 'cause no plane gets to the gate that fast at Sky Harbor!  :D

(Nicely Blended.  Mebbe clean up the jetway cab just a little?  Looks like it was moving in the static jet version but still in the moving jet frame?)

Thanks Harvey and Jay. Good eye and call on the jetway cab Jay. I'll work on a correction and post that effort later.
Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ