News:

In Memory of David Loera
1974 - 2024

Main Menu

Before And After

Started by Jay Beckman, May 25, 2011, 05:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tajmahal250

I usually do a 7 shot (+/-3), and depending on the situation, I usually like to shoot at around F9/F12. Merge in CS6, HDR toning, until I get something that doesn't look too "overcooked" and finishing with curves/saturation adjustments.

tajmahal250

Did some major surgery with the AN-124 at PHX.

Before:

[/url]Before by Thomas  Backus, on Flickr[/img]

After:

[/url]RUSSIAN SUNSET by Thomas  Backus, on Flickr[/img]

Ross Dinsdale

This is a shot I saw all the way from my eyeball to eyepiece and through the viewfinder and still missed the framing.

SOOC w/minor lightroom edits performed

Photoshop manipulation w/Nik 4x3 crop

Turd Ferguson
Las Vegas, Nevada
Comments and Critique are always welcome.

"Chair Juggling Extraordinaire"

tajmahal250

I actually like the offset angle of the Thunderbirds, Ross. They're cool and all, but most of the photos you see of them are 100% centered in the frame- kind of gets old after awhile.

tajmahal250

Before and after COAP's Lightroom workshop:

Joe Copalman

Very cool, colors look way more natural.

Did you sign up for the masterclass?
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

tajmahal250

Thanks, Joe. No, I didn't. Just wasn't in the cards for me right now. Still learned a lot, even in those five sessions.

tajmahal250

Sentimental Journey experimenting:

tajmahal250

Just watched the latest COAP editing workshop. Learned lots of good things, once again. (Creating your own light source with a radial gradient = mind blown!).

Decided to use what I learned and combined that with a motion blur edit in Photoshop (Shot at 1/400 that day, so no motion blur, oops...). Did some dodging and burning on the bottom part of the fuselage to bring out the white underside of the plane, and increase the saturation on the top. Linear gradient on top and bottom to tone down the sun.

Anna M. Wood

Quote from: tajmahal250 on August 25, 2024, 08:02:07 AMJust watched the latest COAP editing workshop. Learned lots of good things, once again. (Creating your own light source with a radial gradient = mind blown!).

Decided to use what I learned and combined that with a motion blur edit in Photoshop (Shot at 1/400 that day, so no motion blur, oops...). Did some dodging and burning on the bottom part of the fuselage to bring out the white underside of the plane, and increase the saturation on the top. Linear gradient on top and bottom to tone down the sun.

Well done Taj...