Linked Events

Jeff D. Welker

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Jay Beckman

I have Nellis on my radar for this year.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

BillOz

Nellis is another good show.

Not quite so good for photos, as it is mostly backlit until later in the day.  So the T-Birds are usually lit OK, but a lot of the stuff before them is not so good.

Still a good show, and being so close, and the last show of the season, I go most years.  Been about 7 of the last 10 yrs.  It's the last place I remember seeing and photographing an F-14.
Bill Osmun
www.afterburnerphoto.com       www.wideworldofaviation.com

Jay Beckman

Depends where you are on the crowd line.  On Saturday in 2007 I was at the intersection of the main line and the southern end of the "knockout" in front of the Thunderbirds (just north of the PA Announcer's platform) and the first couple of hours were very tough when shooting left of center.  Very backlit...
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Paul Dumm

I got this one in the planning stages, anyone know what hotels near Nellis are good and what one to stay the heck away from??
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

cpasley

Ok well looks like this is a go for me, going to be a busy week but I think I have planned ok, took 5th and 6th off for Scottsdale, buddies wedding on the 11th early in the day, then drive to Vegas where another buddies dad has a timeshare condo that will be empty  ;D , come home monday then El Centro the next thursday, think I can do it, am I missing anything?

BillOz

Paul,

I've stayed in the Super 8 right across from the main gate.  While nothing special, it is cheap, and wasn't too bad.  It was even fairly cheap during last years airshow weekend.

I've also stayed in the hotel just on the other side of the Highway, I think it is the Cannery.  It was nicer than the Super 8, but considerably more expensive. 

Others I stayed at were downtown Vegas, and much more expensive, and a longer drive.

I hope to be at Nellis this year as well.
Bill Osmun

cpasley

It looks like im going, yay and extra special since i just looked at the latest lineup, btw who else is going maybe we can meet up or something

http://www.nellis.af.mil/aviationnation/schedule.asp  <--- latest schedule

BillOz

Chris,

I'm planning on going, so be sure to bring some Peanut Butter crackers!  ;D
They were practically a lifesaver at El Centro.

Bill Osmun

cpasley

man If I had known they would bring so much gratitude I would baked a ham