Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA, KIWA, IWA) "Willie"

Started by Matt Ottosen, June 12, 2009, 05:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Dumm

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Dave S.

Jeff,

Bravo on your capture of the 8i departure.  I hope you rewarded yourself by catching tonight's game in person.

Here are a couple from my adventure with the 747-8i yesterday and the lesson in waiting it out until the sun does set; kuz sometimes you do get lucky and you are able to catch that departure.

1) In the meantime, while waiting for said departure, I managed to catch this guy, high overhead KIWA.  I will counter the comment I overheard that it may have been headed to AMARC, by stating that it's antennae was rotating, so I don't think it was destined for AMARC.

2) A little exercise in size comparison - big vs. small and how it all depends on one's perspective.

3) For our affiliate in the Far East, cuz I know he likes to see them gear in transition...do closing main gear doors still count?
Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

cpasley

I am assuming this plane director asked the pilot to do this as this was the only one of the 6 T-45's departing that did this, he pulled out of his persprctive parking spot taxi to the end line and power up his engine for approx 10 seconds while this guy positioned himself behind the plane took of his hat and put his arms out, was pretty funny cause you can tell when it to much for him as he scurried away very quickly.............

IMG_4684 by Chris Pasley, on Flickr

Jeff D. Welker

Interesting visitor to Willie this afternoon - a CH-46 Sea Knight with an "N" number?

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Brian Lockett

Quote from: Jeff Welker on October 18, 2011, 06:03:34 PM
Interesting visitor to Willie this afternoon - a CH-46 Sea Knight with an "N" number?

According to the FAA registration database, N994AW is not assigned.  Perhaps it was masquerading as a civilian victim in the Mass Casualty Event at Luke today.

Joe Copalman

It's a DOS Air Wing bird now.  On its way from AMARG to Patrick.

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Joe Copalman

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

cpasley

Now Joe we need to have a talk their buddy, it says on Flickr you took that A-4 shot over a year ago, now why would you keep something that cool from us.............

Joe Copalman

;D

Because I'm already a notorious sand-bagger, which has only been amplified by the exhaustion-driven sloth that results from working full-time and helping raise two kids.  Also, I posted a shot from a few frames prior that I was satisfied with, so there wasn't an immediate urge to get this one out there.  I like to let my photostream breathe a bit, instead of just massive photo-dumps from whatever I happened to shoot most recently, so a lot of stuff gets posted days, weeks, months, or even years after the fact.  There's also a bit of strategery involved - if I post a half-dozen shots of F/A-18s touching down at El Centro in one six-shot post, that doesn't call attention to the individual shots like posting them one at a time over a few days with other shots in-between does.   

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

cpasley

Oh I see, man you just described how I do it to a tee, yikes now thats predictability for ya

Paul Dumm

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Paul Dumm

This got me thinking, So I whent back and looked at  a few. Taken Jan 2010, After some rain.

Had to add one more.

David Loera

You don't concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done.
Chuck Yeager

David "Wiz" Loera
Mesa, AZ
All images © David Loera, all rights reserved.

Jeff D. Welker

These Harrier's are getting so old. I swear this Tomcat has an 8-track tape player jammed into the instrument panel ;)

Jeff D. Welker
www.jeffdwelker.com
Mesa, AZ

Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.