News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Print Show and Sale

Started by Jay Beckman, February 28, 2011, 04:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Beckman

A few folks have known this was coming but this is the general, public announcement...

I'm very excited to announce that for the upcoming months of March and April, I will be the "artist in residence" at Ground Control showing and (I hope) selling some of my aviation images.

Ground Control is owned by Major Sean Rassas (a Reserve F-16 IP) and his wife Tara and they were recently voted one of the Top 50 bars in Phoenix!
I met Tara during the Goldwater Range outing last year.  Major Rassas is also running for Mayor of Goodyear.

If you find yourself on the west side and need a cup of coffee, some gelato or perhaps want to go to a very nice place for a glass of wine one evening, I hope you'll stop in, have a look around and enjoy my offerings.

I welcome any and all feedback regarding the images, how they show, etc... from those who happen to stop in.  We're hoping to have a "Meet The Photographer" reception at some point down the road.

Thanks All!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Bubak

Jay super!!!  Gooooood luck to you!

jslugman

Great news Jay, I wish you all the success you can handle and perhaps just a tad bit more.  ;D
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

wingsnstuff

You will do very well. Your photos are beautiful and action packed.   Ever consider a photo booth on the Western Airshow Circuit?  I'd be you'd sell a bunch. 

Jay Beckman

Thanks Gents...

I'll be sure to let everyone know when / if we do a formal "reception."

Dunno about selling full time "on tour" as that would seriously cut into my shooting time!   :D
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Dave S.

Jay,

Congrats!  Please do let us know if they end up hosting a reception.

- Dave

Constructive Comments & Critiques are always welcomed
All images © David Shields, all rights reserved
www.roxphotography.com
Some Canon bodies and lenses

scottcolbath

Good luck Jay. Now the wife and I will need to head down there and check out the pics and food.  8)

S.C.

scottcolbath

The wife and I are heading down in an hour or so for dinner.  8)

S.C.

scottcolbath

Yum. Great dinner and nice people.

Jay, did you have control over where the pictures are hung? I felt that they deserved to have a bigger presence. I saw open wall space in the dining area with the tall tables where there should have been more pictures. I believe you only had one on that wall. Also, while I loved the food and can't wait to go back for more, the whole ambiance of the place is sort of disorganized, maybe "willy-nilly" is a fitting term. That does not help in drawing the eyes of customers to your work. As a matter of fact, when I first entered and started looking around for the pictures, the wall where you hung Sean's didn't catch my attention until a second look around.

I did speak with Sean, and he pointed out the one pic of him. That was pretty cool.

Coming down from Wickenburg for this brought us right by the base on Litchfield. Three F-16s were taking off as we passed. I had no idea how low they come over the road. It will make for some good pics. I'll be going back soon for some shooting practice.

S.C.

Jay Beckman

Thanks for the feedback Scott.  GC is a little "free form" and while the layout may not be perfect, I'm flattered that they asked me to show there.  I do sort of wish there was a way to hang additional images on either side of the alcove where the P-38 is hanging as well as the walls behind the two "pod" tables at the back left as you walk in.

Did you see the images in the wine room and the "About Me" page and biz cards I had on the ledge?

Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

scottcolbath

Quote from: Jay Beckman on March 01, 2011, 10:13:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback Scott.  GC is a little "free form" and while the layout may not be perfect, I'm flattered that they asked me to show there.  I do sort of wish there was a way to hang additional images on either side of the alcove where the P-38 is hanging as well as the walls behind the two "pod" tables at the back left as you walk in.

Did you see the images in the wine room and the "About Me" page and biz cards I had on the ledge?

Jay, I completely missed the "About Me" page and cards. This adds to my feelings on lack of visibility for your work. You deserve more attention.

Yes, I made a point to visit the wine room, but it was crowded (with tables, not people yet) with tonight's tasting, so I couldn't really take it all in. I assume the pic above is in the wine room. I didn't see any of those pics due to the tables and chairs limiting my travel around the room. But I'm sure that there were plenty of people looking at the pics tonight, as that room was packed with people for the wine tasting.

As far as the alcove and the area where the P-38 was hung, there was lots more room for pics there. Why didn't they let you use that to a larger degree? I would have moved the stuff from that area on the right, just past the apparent useless fish tank, over to the wall where the P-38 was hanging. There were no less than two open spots for either several of the smaller prints, or less larger stuff.

BTW, I think your prices on the pics are very fair, and the shots you did on the recent air to air with Moose looked even better in real life than on a computer screen.

Are you using Smugmug, or some other photo hosting/printing source for this stuff?

S.C

Jay Beckman

I "bought" the prints straight off my website via Mpix via the exact same interface that's available to the public.

These are the 17 images that I'm currently showing: LINK
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

scottcolbath

Quote from: Jay Beckman on March 01, 2011, 11:46:06 PM
I "bought" the prints straight off my website via Mpix via the exact same interface that's available to the public.

Any idea how Mpix compares to Smugmug? I've been a Smugmug user for six years now, and I like them.

S.C.

Jay Beckman

I have no experience with Smuggie, sorry...

Do they do the actual printing?
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

scottcolbath

Quote from: Jay Beckman on March 01, 2011, 11:58:58 PM
I have no experience with Smuggie, sorry...

Do they do the actual printing?

Yup. They spent some big bucks on printing hardware and all the associated peripheral stuff.

I've done one print with them..............

The colors are spot-on.

S.C.