Heritage Flight Conference Media Day 2011

Started by Joe Copalman, February 16, 2011, 02:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpasley

Just got my approval!!!!!!!! so will be shooting from 'on base' this year ,will be a first for me so thanks Bill for the heads up on the process and let me know if your going on base too we will have to meet up

Joe Copalman

Anyone shooting from off-base this Friday?  I was going to head to TIA in the morning and then over to the Guardrail. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

How should one prepare for this event with regard to all things not camera related?

Should I bring food and water?

I'll surely bring sun screen and ear plugs.

S.C.

bilwor

See you Friday, Joe. just the facts.
bill word
bill word
Tucson, AZ

Joe Copalman

Looking forward to it Bill!

Quote from: scottcolbath on March 01, 2011, 08:51:43 AM
How should one prepare for this event with regard to all things not camera related?

Should I bring food and water?

I'll surely bring sun screen and ear plugs.

S.C.

Scott, I would recommend contacting the PAO for a go/no-go list on what you can bring.  You'll be there for several hours, so water is necessary, and maybe a few Power Bars or granola bars to hold you over.  A drawstring-secured hat is a good idea if you are planning on headgear.  Most flightlines are no-cover zones, so I typically don't mess with hats.

What time do you guys have to be at the gate?

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

scottcolbath

Quote from: Joe Copalman on March 01, 2011, 04:23:57 PM

Scott, I would recommend contacting the PAO for a go/no-go list on what you can bring.  You'll be there for several hours, so water is necessary, and maybe a few Power Bars or granola bars to hold you over.  A drawstring-secured hat is a good idea if you are planning on headgear.  Most flightlines are no-cover zones, so I typically don't mess with hats.

What time do you guys have to be at the gate?

Thanks Joe. I'll keep it simple and just carry water and some power bars. No hat, but safety glasses and ear plugs. Sunscreen too.

Gate time is 7:00 AM.

S.C.

scottcolbath

Do we have a head count of who will be there from AzAP?

S.C.

Jay Beckman

Approximately what time do they fly?

I may get down there and take a crack at shooting from off base.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Joe Copalman

Light's not good until after 10 or so, and I seem to recall the flying really picking up late morning/early afternoon.

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

cpasley

Do we know what time they shoo everyone thats on base ,off ,id like to maybe shoot some of the salvage yards or boneyards or never been to TIA ,any ideas or suggestions?

Ned Harris

One of my favorite locations for the Heritage Flight Conference shooting is 4650 Irvington. It is especially good for the F-22 Raptor demo that will likely take place on Friday.
Ned Harris
Tucson, Arizona

Jay Beckman

That's basically mid-field on the south side then Ned?
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

Lynn Evans

Quote from: bilwor on March 01, 2011, 03:38:50 PM
See you Friday, Joe. just the facts.
bill word

I am old enough to get it! ;)
Lynn Evans

Jay Beckman

Quote from: Chris Pasley on March 02, 2011, 05:28:52 AM
Do we know what time they shoo everyone thats on base ,off ,id like to maybe shoot some of the salvage yards or boneyards or never been to TIA ,any ideas or suggestions?

AFAIK, if you're on base via the PAO/Media hall pass, you're on base for the entire day.

You get up close access before they crank 'em up and then you shoot from a media "bullpen" during the flying activities.
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com

cpasley

So will any of the military teams be doing a full demo ,I wasnt expecting that