Taking pictures at Sky Harbor

Started by John B., November 10, 2010, 07:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John B.

Just in case any AzAP members are out and about, three of us from Tucson are heading up to Sky Harbor tomorrow (10 November) to sanp photos.  We expect to arrive around 11:00AM and stay for as long as we can.  I haven't shot at Sky Harbor, so I have no idea where we will be, but I suspect we will start around Terminal 3 and figure it out from there.  I haven't been up there to zap photos before so it will be new.  If anyone is nearby, feel free to drop by and join us.

Joe Copalman

Regardless of which way traffic is flowing, T4 is usually better - closer to touchdown points for landings from the east, and good gear-almost-up shots if they're departing to the east. 

Anyone been out there lately?  Are the south runways still restricted/closed/whatever?
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jbong

South is closed except to arrivals. North runways have been open to arrivals and departures. I was out there Monday and departures to the west all day long. 

John B.

Thanks guys.  That is all good to know!

Joe Copalman

The B-17 and B-25 are departing Falcon Field tomorrow for Long Beach.  You might want to hit KFFZ up first.  I'm sending you a PM with my cell number, give me a call tomorrow morning and I'll let you know if it's worth it to swing by Falcon.  I can let you know where to shoot from as well.
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ