News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Stepping outside the box

Started by F-16_fixer, October 16, 2010, 10:49:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F-16_fixer

Today marks my one year anniversary from the very first time I ever picked up a DSLR camera and entered the world of photography.  During the last year I've learned so much and come so far thanks to the help many people.  I thought I would step out side my comfort zone and try something different.  Let me know if this image works or not.  If not let me know what I can improve on it.

-Chris-

Paul Dumm

Chris, I know that we can not always get the backround we would like, But it looks great, I would not change a thing.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Hankmann

Prolly shouldn't be giving any advice, I still take shots like a tourist, lol.

Like this shot alot, in fact it even looks great before you scroll to see the whole image. You were trying to work with the sun? If not, would've had the sun at my back.

Heck of an idea if you were though, some of my landscape shots I play with the angle to get the effect you have captured, never thought of bringing the trick into my aviation photos.

F-16_fixer

Quote from: Hankmann on October 16, 2010, 01:02:07 PM
Prolly shouldn't be giving any advice, I still take shots like a tourist, lol.

Like this shot alot, in fact it even looks great before you scroll to see the whole image. You were trying to work with the sun? If not, would've had the sun at my back.

Heck of an idea if you were though, some of my landscape shots I play with the angle to get the effect you have captured, never thought of bringing the trick into my aviation photos.

Yeah I was trying to work with the sun here.  We were between the runway and the taxiway so as the aircraft were taxiing they were backlit but once on the runway they were lit really nicely.  Thanks for the feedback so far.
-Chris-

Jbong

Dude like I said before that picture ROCKS. It says " What the F are you looking at?" love it.

Paul Dumm

In keeping what I've been up too over the last few days by trying to push myself in new ways. I when back and looked at some older photos and played around in PS. I was trying to see how some people created there photos not to copy but create my own. I would like to post "photos" that people stop and look at not just a picture of a plane.

"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."