News:

15th Anniversary | 2009 - 2024
15 Years | Over 30 MILLION Page Views

Main Menu

Hello AzAP

Started by Hankmann, October 15, 2010, 09:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hankmann

New to the forum and am amazed at all the information. Not sure where to start, so this seemed like a logical way to begin my history here.

Just wanted to post, say "hi" and welcome any pointers as to where/how to start.

In the meantime, I will no doubt be showing my newbness throughout areas on the board!  ;D

jslugman

Welcome, can't wait to see your images!
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Jbong

Hankmann

Thanks, this forum is rich with great photographers. A bit intimidating, I'm gonna have to turn it up a notch !

scottcolbath

Hankmann

Jbong

BTW tell us about yourself.What you are shooting with and all that good stuff.

Hankmann

I am shooting with a Canon D60 and Canon EF 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS USM lens

Nothing uber powerful, just enough to capture a jet's tail while focusing on the pilot :)

While I love aviation/ military subjects, I also delve into landscapes with the desert southwest of the USA being my favorite areas. Hard to do being from Ohio, but I make sure I make the most of my time when I Vegas.

Been taking pics for 6 years, with the last year being the first serious attempt at it.

Blog - http://www.blog.hankplumley.com
Static Site - http://www.hankplumley.com
Store - http://www.zazzle.com/hankmann
Twitter - @PhotosByHank

Can't think of anything else too exciting . . .

F-16_fixer

D60 or 60D? there's a big difference!  And welcome to AZAP.
-Chris-

jslugman

Quote from: F-16_fixer on October 16, 2010, 01:49:18 PM

Wow, haven't seen a D60 in ages!
James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

Hankmann

D60, oldie but still kicking good pics.
Quote from: jslugman on October 16, 2010, 04:38:05 PM

Wow, haven't seen a D60 in ages!

The guy I bought it from said it was top of line, pre-production model . . . . . .j/k

F-16_fixer

Very cool.  It's not the camera, but what you can do with it that counts!
-Chris-

Hankmann

Good point, I keep reminding myself of that while deleting pics, lol

cpasley

Yeah I think we are about the same level as far as equipment ,I am shooting with a Canon XS so its nice to know that there is someone out there who has not outdone me although you might be more experienced ,but it is kinda humbling whe you get to a show site and and everyone around you pulls out 1000's of dollars woth of lens ,so will be nice to shoot with you ,welcome to the club

Hankmann

Yeah, I know what you mean. My first media day at Nellis I felt a tad out of place. Thankfully I hooked up with a few great people, and once the doors to the bus opened on the flight line, I would've been fine with a disposable camera ! At that point, it was about the experience rather than the equipment.

Hope I never lose the rush I get from covering events, I think many photogs do lose that feeling and fall into the "my lens is way bigger than your lens" trap.