Northolt Night Shoot report

Started by jslugman, October 13, 2010, 07:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jslugman

James "JSlugman" O'Rear
Yokota AFB, Japan RJTY

Author of "Aviation Photography- A Pictorial Guide"

phantomphan1974

Mick B from Germany set up something like this for his own shoot at LAFD Air Ops.  Watered down the ramp and shot the helos and fire trucks.....
Damon Duran
Co: Founder: Aviation Photographers of Southern California www.ApSoCal.com
Orange County Sheriff PSR-Air Support Unit Photographer

Joe Copalman

We've been discussing setting something up with the CAF at Falcon Field.  I don't think we've heard back from the Wing on it yet, but we would be paying admission and any additional fees they need to make this happen.  I think the request was for night ramp shots with the B-25 and B-17.  We've talked about pitching in for a pool to rent some lighting equipment as well.

BUT - this hasn't gone any further than just talking about it.  Hopefully now that both aircraft are back from tour and the sun is starting to set much earlier, we can get some momentum behind this again and make it happen. 
"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Jbong

well maybe this would help us but I could donate the lights. My best friend "AKA brother in Law" Who runs the A to Z rental company.

Jay Beckman

I also have some good quality lighting gear.

On battery only I can trigger two studio strobes and three speedlites or with an outlet and some extension cordage, I can throw three studio strobes in the mix for a total of six sources (via radio triggers...)

I'd love to light up MITS from both outside and inside!
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Paul Dumm

If we can do this and we give them a CD of our best shots like El Centro PAO it could be a win-win for both sides.
"You don't become a professional simply by earning certificates, adding ratings, or getting a paycheck for flying. Rather, professionalism is a mindset. It comes from having the attitude, the ethics, and the discipline to do the right thing — every time, all the time, regardless of who's watching."

Matt Ottosen

I'll talk to Rick and Scott at the CAF and see what can be arranged.
Matt "Linus" Ottosen
Ottosen Photography
Phoenix, AZ

The Legend of the Guardian of the Line
The Greek God "Linus" comes from the Greek name Λινος (Linos) meaning "leg."
In Greek legend, he was the son of the God Apollo who was accidentally killed when he stepped over the white line.

All images © Matt Ottosen | Ottosen Photography, all rights reserved.