Interesting problem and question about El Centro.

Started by Stephen Marshall, September 30, 2010, 02:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbong

Lol no I am crazy whoops I thought you were a nikon man.

Stephen Marshall

I feel I should be offended..... but I'll let it slide this time. lol
-- I'm Stephen Marshall and I approve this message.  |   Visit my Flickr.

Jay Beckman

Stephen, for God's sake make sure I give you your charts at Coolidge please!?!?  :'(
Jay Beckman
Chandler, AZ
www.crosswindimages.com
Please do not Tag, Share or otherwise Re-Distribute
any posted images without consent.

Stephen Marshall

Quote from: Jay Beckman on October 01, 2010, 12:58:39 AM
Stephen, for God's sake make sure I give you your charts at Coolidge please!?!?  :'(

Yes Sir, will do!

Joe Copalman

Going through shots from February 09 when I shot quite a few photos with my 18-55.  Here are a few w/focal length info taken from the EXIF data.  All were shot on a Canon XTi with a 1.6 crop sensor:

18mm:

31mm:

38mm:

Here are a few from last November taken with a Canon 24-105L:

40mm:

35mm:

50mm:

So yeah.  You can forget what I said about 45-50mm being the minimum focal length you'll need.  I'd still recommend bringing some longer glass, and my offer of the 75-300 still stands.

"I'm sorry sir, you can't take photos of that aircraft."

"If you've seen my work, you'd know I really can't take photos of any aircraft." 

Joe Copalman
AzAP Co-Founder
Mesa, AZ

Stephen Marshall

Its looks as though I'll be happy with the 18-55, as of now it's my longest lens. (unless someone knows where I can get a telephoto for $3)

I'll probably take your offer for a little while once I've taken a bunch of shots with my lens, however.

wingsnstuff

I used my 70-200 mm almost exclusively inside the fence.  Outside was a different story...I got to use the big gun (150 - 500 mm) out there and it came in handy.  A second camera is also nice...not essential, but helpful when it seems you have the wrong lens for the shot you want to take.  .