Valle Fly In Aug.28th discussion thread

Started by cpasley, August 20, 2010, 03:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpasley

I started this thread mainly to get some information ,I was shocked to learn that they are doing another fly-in ,this one promoted as "Thunder Over the Coconino" and seems to be including a car show as well and since their last fly-in was their first for me I want to see more and am wondering how this one stacks up to the one back in June ,from the flyer it says the Tri Motor and a P-51 will be there but in your opinions is it worth the drive or should I save my resources and hit up Coolidge or the Tucson area as a day trip?

bilwor

Until last year I have gone to at least 6 of these. Flying wise they are not as many planes as the one in July. They usually only fly the planes at Valle and none from Chino. I would say pass it up for the EAA Fly-in at Casa Grande in Oct, Coolidge, a day trip to Tucson or Nellis.

If we were still going to Flagstaff for the summer like we did for 15 years I would go again (Flagstaff - Valle 60 miles)

just my 2 cents
bill word
bill word
Tucson, AZ

cpasley

Thanks Bill I forgot about Casa Grande and I did get approved for time off work to go to Nellis so I will focus more on those ,hey thanks for the advice I appreciate it